Stay at Home Moms
Options

Where did you find your sitter?

DH and I have some stuff coming up that we both have to attend and can't bring Lily to. Has anyone ever used bright star care? Since she is so young, I was really hoping to find someone w/exp in pediatric nursing, not just someone who "loves kids". I liked that they offer nurses. Do you know if you can use the same person more than once? It's only for 90 minutes - 2 hours a night 5 or 6 times in the next couple weeks, but IMO that is too often to ask a friend to watch her.

Care.com didn't have many people w/experience with newborns.

Re: Where did you find your sitter?

• Options

imageHav=Fath:
    Does your daughter have medical needs? Is there a reason you want a nurse to care for her? Just personally, IF there were not medical concerns I had rather another mama take care of my LO vs a nurse. That's just me though.

I just feell like they know what they're doing. They know what is normal and when something is more concerning. Other moms may not. She doesn't have any medical needs. IDK, I am probably being an overprotective ftm.

• Options
    We used sittercity.com. It's free for military families and I was able to post exactly what I was looking for. I've been pleased so far. I agree, you get quite a few with little/no experience or they don't meet your needs but if you can weed through them you find quite a few good, dependable, experienced ones. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

image12bailey18:
    We used sittercity.com. It's free for military families and I was able to post exactly what I was looking for. I've been pleased so far. I agree, you get quite a few with little/no experience or they don't meet your needs but if you can weed through them you find quite a few good, dependable, experienced ones. Good luck!

Same for us. We have a stellar sitter that we call every date night. I am very pleased with sittercity.com. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    We have used our church's nursery worker in the past.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like care.com and sittercity.  I'm on both as a sitter and found many families to sit for.  My friend works for a company called Sweet Deams Infant care that sends out certified nurses and "baby nurses" (not certified).  It kind of sounds like what you are referring to.  If it makes you more comfortable, then I'd go for it.  You could always trial run a few sitters with your daughter for an hour at a time or so too.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"