August 2013 Moms

Hope for a Natural C-Section

I came across this video yesterday on my facebook newsfeed. My first two children were born vaginal and my third was an emergency c-section. This baby will be a scheduled c-section. I plan on talking with my doctor about this. When my third was born I only got to see him for about 2 minutes and then he was taken to the nursery while they finished sewing me up. I didn't get to see him for about two hours once I got moved to our room. It was very hard after I had carried him for so long, then labored for what seemed like forever, and then to not hold him right away. I just thought I would share even though we have forever to go. Enjoy!

Click on the link and towards the end of the page is the video.

https://www.dallasmomsblog.org/hope-for-a-natural-c-section/

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Hope for a Natural C-Section

• My hospital encourages mom to hold baby while be stitched up.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • That was an awesome video! Makes me want to move to the UK in case I need a c-section.  It was so much more loving and warm for the mother and the baby.

Baby C - 08.23.13
  • Loading the player...
  • My friend had the same experience at a hospital in Toronto, Canada. She was even high risk (placenta previa) but since she had no complications during delivery she could hold her baby skin to skin right away.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My hospital would have let me hold the baby right after if she didn't have to get sent to the nicu. I was able to see her really quick but that was it. The next time I saw her was 36 hours later because I had to have magnesium sulfate for 24 hrs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"