April 2013 Moms
Options

second time moms

are you getting anything to prepare for number two? we were team green with my sona dn now with this one too. So I have alot of neutral stuff.

I got some new onsies tshirts. Also some new towels and faceclothes because my sons are worn.  Mostly I am going to get stuff for my son. Toddler bed, attachment for stroller.

Cant think of what I will need that I dont already have.

Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
Our Journey in Blog.
My Blog
Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13

Re: second time moms

• Options
    The only things I've bought (besides decor for the nursery) have been the double stroller, Ergo and replacement breast pump parts. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am having a girl this time, so some pink things.  I am consigning a bunch of his very boy-specfic clothes and products.  I also got some pink sheets and want to get a double stroller, but haven't done so yet.  We had to get DS a new twin bed so that we could free up the crib for DD.  I registered for some more baby food storage containers that I hope will make that easier, plus some more breastmilk storage supplies.  That's about it though.  Girlie clothes and more essentials.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nah.  We were team green with DD (we are having a boy this time) so everything is neutral.  I need a new breast pump so I'll be getting that and a few things that I wish I had had for DD but didn't (like a moby wrap).  Other than that we don't really need anything.  We don't even have the crib up yet and at this point the baby is just going to chill in the corner of our guest room since we don't plan on making it into a nursery (he'll just have to share with DD when guests come and when he's 2-ish we'll make it more "his").
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We were also Team Green with our first, so we have pretty much everything we need in terms of bedding and newborn clothes. I bought a few things I wished I would have had the first time around; the Moby wrap, the Ergo, a decent baby bath (the one we had sucked, and the infant seat kept getting moldy. Ugh), cloth diapers-we didn't CD Tony but we are going to do so with this baby-and an exersaucer. I didn't get one for Tony because I didn't think he would need it, but when I went back to my parents' house for vacation a neighbor let us borrow hers, and Tony absolutely loved it. It was a nice 15-20 minute break for me too! :)
  • Options

I was browsing through Baby Steals Archive sale last night, and there was not ONE thing on there that I need.  I guess that's a good thing!

We were Green last time & this, so have neutral newborn items already & all the gear we need.  I just need to dig it all out & wash/organize things.  LO will sleep in the PnP until we move back to our house in early May.  At that point, we'll decide if DD should transition to a bed, or if we need to buy a 2nd crib.  I will need a new dresser, nightstand & bookshelf for DD's room as well (move her stuff to nursery), but I've already picked it out & just need to purchase it after we move. 

I just bought new bottle nipples (I got hand-me-down bottles last time, so should replace those), and 3 new neutral sleep n plays (too cute to pass up!).  I need to buy an extra PnP sheet since LO will be in there longer than DD ever was (I only have 1 sheet).  And will buy an extra dresser top changing pad, and an extra video camera for our existing monitor set.  But I think that's it, unless this one is a boy and I want to buy new baby clothes later.  I have plenty of neutral stuff to last awhile, and I don't think he'll complain if he wears a purple onesie at home from time to time.

• Options
    We had all boys clothes, so we sold most of his outgrown ones and bought girls clothes. Bought a swing, bouncer, another mattress, changing pad, and a few other things. We don't have a lot of storage space so we had sold or given away alot of DS's bigger items.
    "You get in the bowl." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just stuff I wish I had last time like a GOOD baby carrier, electric breast pump, cloth diapers. I also bought a double stroller. 
  • Options
    Being that this one is a boy, we mostly needed new clothes and some boy colored blankets....that sort of thing.  I got new bottles just because they were on sale and our bottles had a lot of miles on them.  All of our big items (car seat, pack n play, bassinet, etc) are all neutral colors so we didn't have to get any of those things new.  It's actually been pretty painless getting things for this baby.  I'm just ready for him to get here because I'm excited to meet him! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We bought new sheets, a dresser, double stroller, some new clothes even though she will have all of DD's hand me downs, new bottles, paci's, Im slowly starting to stock up on diapers and wipes.  We still need to get another baby monitor, some formula, more bottles, etc.  I still need to wash up all of the clothes too.  I'm slacking this time around!
    BabyFruit Ticker fallfun
  • Options
    All of our big items we got in neutral last time in the event that this child was of the opposite sex.  He's not...so we are re-using a lot of stuff, including a lot of clothes.  DS is 15 months though so we essentially set up a whole new nursery...new crib, refinished a dresser to double as a chaning table, new rocker recliner since we still use DS' all the time. I bought some replacement parts for my pump, new nipples for bottles and a few new bottles, new pacis, and that's about all I can think of. 
  • Options

For DD2, we bought a double stroller, and a new change table. (The change table we used for DD1 was on loan to us from SIL, who ended up pregnant at the same time as me, so she needed it back.) We got some other small things too (more receiving blankets, towels, some clothes...mostly to replace other items SIL lent us) but I think that was all the big stuff...oh except for another carseat when she got too big for the infant bucket seat.

I don't think we really need anything for this little one. Maybe a changing pad, but could probably get away without it. :)

• Options
    We have all the big stuff, so I feel like I just need to buy some new pump parts, an assortment of pacifiers, a few new bottle nipples, a few new bed sheets once we figure out if we have a boy or girl.  DS was a mystery baby too so the old sheets will get us by if we need them, but they are worn and the plan is to just have the baby in our room in the pnp for a few months anyway.  I bought some carriers that I think will work better for me (Becco Butterfly, Baby K'tan, and a mesh ring sling for the water).  I got the carriers all at great prices and I feel like I will be more confident with baby wearing this time around.  I plan to reuse all of DS' CDs so I have only bought one box of nb size disposables.
  • Options
    We have always been Team Green so we have lots of neutral stuff as well. The only new things we've purchased are the double stroller, new breast pump parts, and new nipples for the old bottles. We also bought DS a bed so LO#2 can use the crib. We have plenty of neutral newborn outfits. The only other thing I might buy is a boy's coming home outfit and a girl's coming home outfit since this baby is going to be born in slightly warmer weather. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"