3rd Trimester
Options

questions!!!!

Question #1

How early can you lose your mucus plug?
Will you know 100% that that is what it is? 
I am high risk and watch everything & this is my first child! 

Question #2

I have had the most awful pain in my wrist! They have hurt like crazy, they hurt to bend them? Especially at night I wake up with numb hands. Any comments as to why. I haven't fell or hurt them in any way! 

Re: questions!!!!

• Options

1. I lost mine at 36 and 38 weeks.

It was unmistakable that it was my mucus plug.

2. Sounds like you have tendonitis (shooting pain) or carpal tunnel (numb plus pain). Side effect of pregnancy. Try wearing a wrist brace at night.

ETA: I was induced at 40 weeks for PIH. No signs of labour before that despite the mucus plug. Unless you count 4 weeks of menstrual-like cramps.

• Options
    According to my obgyn, you can lose your mucus plug at any time but that doesn't necessarily mean that labor is coming. She said it really is no indicator of anything, and it can be hard to decipher between discharge and mucus plugs. (Because they can come out in small pieces or one big piece.) As far as your wrist goes, carpal tunnel is apparently pretty common during pregnancy. Maybe grab some carpal tunnel braces from the drugstore?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBrittanyMachelleHayes:

Question #1

How early can you lose your mucus plug?
    Will you know 100% that that is what it is? 
    I am high risk and watch everything & this is my first child! 

Question #2

I have had the most awful pain in my wrist! They have hurt like crazy, they hurt to bend them? Especially at night I wake up with numb hands. Any comments as to why. I haven't fell or hurt them in any way! 

#1-Your mucus plug looks like someone sneezed in your underwear. Its gross. It does regenerate though, so while you are high risk and should call your OB, it isn't necessarily cause for alarm.

#2-Sounds like carpal tunnel to me. I had it during my pregnancy, and it stopped the day I delivered. You can get a wrist brace for it from Rite Aid or Walmart-it does help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

#1) It looks like it sounds... like mucous. I feel like with DD I lost chunks of it continuously after 34 weeks. It wasn't until it became twinged with blood that I started to pay attention to it. (AKA bloody show.) It can regenerate so it's not something to be terribly concerned with. 

#2) Sounds like it could be carpal tunnel. With DD it got considerably worse after she was born. I recommend sleeping with braces on. It helps quite a bit. 

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I will be having a c-section. They want to push it to 38 weeks if possible. My fluids are low so they said it is on a week to week basis now. So I just want to be prepared for anything that can happen to me! Thanks for all your input!! 

• Options

Thanks for asking Question 2 as I have been having the same issue with my wrist for the last week!  The pain woke me up in the middle of the night last night and I'm constantly in pain pushing myself up from the bed in the morning.

Off to CVS . . .

• Options
    imageCrequito:

Thanks for asking Question 2 as I have been having the same issue with my wrist for the last week!  The pain woke me up in the middle of the night last night and I'm constantly in pain pushing myself up from the bed in the morning.

Off to CVS . . .

Yes!! I saw my doctor yesterday and she told me it was CT and that I needed to get braces that would support my wrist and keep them from bending. That my hands swelling was putting pressure on the nerves and stuff in my wrist causing them to hurt, tingle and my hands to go numb at night! They have helped me!! Good luck!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"