May 2013 Moms

Using Pack N Play as crib for first few months?

Has anyone used or is planning to use a Pack N Play as a crib for the first few months? Is it comfortable and safe enough for the baby to sleep on at night?

We will be living in our 1BR apartment until the end of August and because we are limited on space, we were thinking of putting the Pack N Play in our bedroom for the baby to sleep in during the day and night. Was wondering if that was practical or not.

Thanks!

Re: Using Pack N Play as crib for first few months?

• We did this with my son.  He actually slept in it until we moved out of our condo when he was 6 months.  It worked great for us and he slept fine!  I think we will do the same thing this time but maybe not for as long since we are in my house with plenty of room now!
    image imagePregnancy Ticker image
  • That is what we did with our DS and will be doing with this one. We got a pack and play as they come with the basinette option and had him sleep in our room in it for the first 2 months.

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think its unpractical. We camp a lot in the summer and I plan to put this up i our holiday trailer, sometimes we are gone for days on end so my LO will be using hers a lot!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is what we plan to do. Our bedroom is upstairs and the other bedrooms (including nursery) are downstairs. So DS will be sleeping in a PNP in our room until he is at least close to sleeping through the night, after which point we will move him into the nursery full time.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • This is what we plan to do as well. We have one with that bassinet option, it's basically a second level so you don't have to bend all the way down to get the baby. 
    Here we go again! 2 u 2 :-) BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's our plan.  We will transition to the crib before I go back to work, but I think it will be so much easier for getting up in the middle of the night to have her in our room.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My pediatrician was very big on babies sleeping as close as possible to parents until they are out of the "SIDS" months. This meant our son slept in his pack n' play just outside our bedroom door until he was 6 months old. He still naps in it at grandma's house 3 days a week while I work and anytime we aren't at home. Same plan for number two.
    BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"