Infertility

Varicolcelectomy wait

DH had bilateral varicocele surgery last week (surgeon said he he had over 20 dilated veins) and now the three month wait begins until he can do another SA.  He had no sperm before, so hopefully we can only hear better news.   Any positive stories for how you got through those months of waiting for the results?

IVF #1 Oct 2013- cancelled 
IVF #2 Mar 2014- success.... baby girl born 11/28/14
FET #1 Mar 2016- baby boy due 12/16/16

Re: Varicolcelectomy wait

• ****ticker warning******

I tried to use the time to focus on myself, like working on my weight. It was also nice to have those few months to let my wallet recover from all the oop expenses. Just take it as a time to breathe and focus on yourself. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Married Sept 2008
    ~~TTC Nov 2010~~

IUI #2: 1/21/13-100mg Clomid(CD3-7)(8M post wash) + progesterone= BFP!! EDD 10/13/13
    Beta #1=81.1 Beta #2=134.5 Beta #3=58.1 #4=2369 WTH?!-Not sure if its viable
    2/21/13 - Went to RE expecting the worse and saw the flutter of the heart.To God be the Glory!!

5/29 - It's a Girl!!
    8/21/13 - Naomi born at 32w3d by csection due to Pre-E
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~ 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    imagephoto A789AD50-EAFE-4955-A617-02358EF02DBE_zpsbxkk1n87.jpg
    My Wonder Woman!

• DH had a vas reconstruction and we were benched for like 6 months.  I used the time as last child-free hurrah.  We stayed up late, went to the bar, drank too much, slept in late, went on spur of the moment weekend trips, rode the motorcycle, ate at fancy restaurants, had sex just for fun (with real lube, not pre-seed), basically did whatever we pleased with no one else to worry about.  As DH put it, "we lived like assholes." It was kind of great.

It was hard at first, but now I'm really glad we had that time.  I think it helped us both get our heads clear and be ready to get back into the treatment game.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • my DH had a double varicocele repair and we didnt start to see a real improvement until 6 months after. BUT, it turned out to not matter bc we ended up doing ICSI/IVF anyway, where all they need is one good sperm. it was a REALLY tough wait, as I was 38 at the time of his surgery and the clock was ticking. 
    me 40, DH 39... FSH:8.6 AMH 2.3 AFC:15... DH: MF: sx for Double Varicocele, SA 45 mil, motil: 50%, morph 3%- "lazy swimmers!"... Me: All "normal" but aging eggs most likely... ;-/ DS: 4/29/05-7 yrs old MC 9 weeks: 9/21/11 TTC for 3 yrs...7/2012: 1st IUI: BFN 8/2012: 2nd IUI: BFN... Need a break already! IVF #1 in progress Jan 2013: Antagonist Prot.: Gonal F 300/Menopur 150 ER: 15 follies, 12 retrieved, 10 mature, 10 fertilized...grow embies grow! 1/8/13: BFN.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"