Stay at Home Moms

House warming party?

What are the rules? My friend and her husband just bought a new house and i want to give them a house warming. The house they are in now is one her H had before they got married.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: House warming party?

• What about a picnic set? I really wish I had one. She probably has everything g she needs for her house. Or a great bottle or wine or chamgne.

Side note: friends of ours just bought a house too. They lived with there parents before and they are married and have a baby. They registered for there house warming party. Is that the norm? I kind of aide eyed her when ahw told me.
  • imageid012:
    What about a picnic set? I really wish I had one. She probably has everything g she needs for her house. Or a great bottle or wine or chamgne. Side note: friends of ours just bought a house too. They lived with there parents before and they are married and have a baby. They registered for there house warming party. Is that the norm? I kind of aide eyed her when ahw told me.

I thought the house warming was always given by friends, but Google tells me different.  And I read registering isn't good etiquitte.  Most gifts should be a small token, like you suggested.

ETA: always

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been to two house warming parties. We were the only ones that brought a gift. I thought that was a little odd. Both Parties were thrown by the couple. Both times a bought a nice pitcher for drinks and filled it with flowers. For my one friend I added nice plastic margarita glasses. We had both been looking for them, so it was perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"