July 2012 Moms

Indy area J12s

Hey do you guys know about the Whale of a Sale?  I'm not affiliated with it in any way, but I've been twice and just wanted to share the info because it's a really great sale.  It's a huge consignment sale they do twice a year, and I mean HUGE.  They have every baby and kid related thing you can think of and tons of clothes.  It's coming up in the middle of March and I just got an e-mail about it so I thought I'd share.

https://www.whale-sale.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Indy area J12s

• Cool!  I'm hoping to find some toys for my LO.  We don't really have much so I'm excited to see what they have and figure I can get much better deals than just going to Target.
  • Thanks! Never heard of this. Hey, maybe we should do our GTG there! Or lunch after, or something. Although I may not want to drag LO around the sale.
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemichaela080:
    Thanks! Never heard of this. Hey, maybe we should do our GTG there! Or lunch after, or something. Although I may not want to drag LO around the sale.

Yeah, when I went to the fall sale, I waited in line for about an hour to check out.  There were people there with kids/babies, but I don't think I'll be taking mine.

• imagejfresh:

imagedanieliza1127:
    Cool!  I'm hoping to find some toys for my LO.  We don't really have much so I'm excited to see what they have and figure I can get much better deals than just going to Target.

Oh definitely toys! I got a couple good deals yesterday at a store in Plainfied, Kids Go Round. Not sure what side of town you're on but they have awesome stuff there- clothes, toys, books, all sorts of gear and accessories. I got two toys for Oliver that are in my Amazon shopping cart right now for like 1/4 of the price!

I live in Speedway so Plainfield isn't too too far.  I'll have to check that place out, I haven't heard of it but I'm always up for consignment shops.

• Thanks for the heads up! This would be great to get some summer clothes and new toys. I totally have a toy buying addiction at the moment.

We could have a LO less get together and go shop and then do lunch. Without LOs we could get cocktails with lunch...

• I'm up for a get together any time if you girls are!
  • imagehi jinx:
    Is this worth driving 2.5 hours to attend? I'm in Ohio so not too far and I'm willing to drive out that way if it's worth it!

I think it could be, it would just depend on whether you actually needed/wanted stuff or were just browsing you know?  It's a huge sale, it takes up a giant box store building, like the size of a department store.  Like I said before, the line to check out is always long so you could spend a lot of time there.  I think if I were looking for some big ticket items to really stock up on clothes, it could be worth it, but if there wasn't anything big I wanted, I don't know that it would be worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"