February 2013 Moms
Options

She's finally here... Natural birth turned into c-section

Last Friday I had my 40 week appt with ultrasound that determined my amniotic fluid levels were very high and although I was not interested in being induced, the midwife said she would allow me to go to my due date (24th) but if no baby, I should report to hospital to start cervidil. So Sunday night cervidil was started... Turns out I was having contractions about 8 min apart. I was 1cm 50% effaced. By Monday morning I was 1.5 cm and contractions were 5 min apart. They said I could try walking to get things moving, I walked, bounced, did everything to try and get things moing. Finally at 9:30 Monday AM they started pitocin... Contractions deffinently picked up... They increased the pitocin steadily every 30 min ish per my contractions and baby's heart rate. They would also check my cervix every 3 hours. At 2:00 pm they tried to break my water, but I was still only 1.5 cm.... No succes. By 4:30 PM I was 2 cm and they were able to break my water...( OMG it was like the great flood)!!! I was so excited I thought fil ally.... Thing are going to happen..... Well they didn't. Pitocin was increased to 20micro/min Contractions were insane.... Finally at 0300 Tuesday morning the midwife came to talk to me and found I was still only 3cm..... I was exhausted!!! She suggested an epi to see if I was relaxed maybe I would dilate. No success.... So at 0430 we talked and decided on a c-section...... Kensington Lee was born at 6lbs 8 oz!!!! 

Re: She's finally here... Natural birth turned into c-section

• Options
    I'm sorry you didn't get the birth you wanted, but congratulations on your LO!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    I also had a natural birth turned caection, feel free to message me if you want to talk. Congratulations on the birth of your baby!

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your baby girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on your baby girl! I am sorry it was not the experience you planned, but I am so happy everyone is okay.  I have never heard of high Amniotic fluid, I didn't even know that could happen!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"