Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Venting

I have desided that this is the best place to just vent.  All people need to do it, and it seems when I vent on here it's like most of you have gone through similar things.  I'm having a hard time with my in-laws.  I love them to death but man do they play favorites.  My family helps watch our daughter who is 16 months old now, so that my husband and I can work and not have to pay anyone.  Which is great we love it and then they get to spend extra time with K.  But my in-laws seem to care less, it's like they never want to see us or her.  There has been numerous times where we have made plans for them to come over to see their granddaughter and then they call and cancle because of something with my husbands brother's family.  (My in-laws have 2 kids, one I'm married too and the other lives a house away from them with his own family.)  They see each other all the time infact they might as well live in the same house as much as they are down there.  Now it doesn't bother me so much, but I feel very strongly that my daughter should have a close relationship with her grandparents.  But as it is now, she isn't to sure who any of my husband's family is.  They just are not like my own family, we are very close and see them often.  I know that there isn't much that I can do that I haven't already, I try to be the better person and go above and beyond to make sure she get to see and spend time with everyone in her family.  But I'm starting to get burned out.  Okay I feel a little better, sorry if it's hard to follow.  Just needed to get it out. There maybe more to follow. lol 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"