Breastfeeding

How do you store your bm while at work?

Hey ladies! Going back to work soon and plan on pumping there..just wondering what different methods you use to store your breast milk. I won't have a fridge to store it in so  I was wondering if a cooler with ice packs that hold the bottles are good or just regular ice packs that will hold the milk storage bags are better. I don't mind leaving it in a bottle or pouring it in the baggies right away just trying to see what would be better and or faster before I buy either one. Thanks!

Re: How do you store your bm while at work?

• You could do either, keep in the pumping bottles or pour into the bags right away.  It would really depend on how much room you have in the cooler you are bringing.  The bags take up less room.
    Married 6-7-08
    Everett 4-27-12
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Medela has a nice little square cooler with an icepack specifically design to hold 4 bottles of pumped milk.   It came with my pump, but I think you can buy it separately.  It's perfect and easy to keep under my desk.

And after you're done pumping the little ice pack with rounded indents is perfect for carrying 4 beers to a BYO restaurant Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecchill01:
    1.Medela has a nice little square cooler with an icepack specifically design to hold 4 bottles of pumped milk. It came with my pump, but I think you can buy it separately. It's perfect and easy to keep under my desk.

2.And after you're done pumping the little ice pack with rounded indents is perfect for carrying 4 beers to a BYO restaurant [;]

1. This.
    2. That's awesome.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Anyone know where to buy those Medela cooler bags? They're apparently elusive in the US. Maybe Amazon UK, but nothing here I'm finding...
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageBrummy14:
    Anyone know where to buy those Medela cooler bags? They're apparently elusive in the US. Maybe Amazon UK, but nothing here I'm finding...

i can't find them either.. :(  

• So, best luck finding the Medela bag on Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Medela-Cooler-Bag-4-Bottles/dp/B003IT66YY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362069719&sr=8-1

Price is around $40 US shipped...eh. 

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I leave the milk in the bottles and tuck them in a cooler with an ice pack. The only time I would bring milk storage bags is if I were going out of town and had to pump enough times that I wouldn't have enough bottles.

• imagespeer06:

Ameda makes something simliar:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4239869

But, BRU also sells the icepack for $7.99 and you can just put that in a regular square lunch box that you can get at pretty much any place.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2793362

I have this one and it works really well. 

Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    image imageimageimageimage
  • I have two of the Ameda sets (one for daycare and one for me at work).  I love them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"