February 2013 Moms

Bedtime supply issue

For most of the day, I have ample supply and BFing goes very well. However, my daughter cluster feeds before bed and by the end of her marathon feeds, I have nothing left. She pulls at the breast and gets super fussy, making bedtime quite an ordeal and usually both of us end of crying. Had anyone dealt with this? Do you have any suggestions? I pump a bottle in the morning, so can give her a bottle before bed to head off the supply issue, but should I also pump at night to encourage my supply to catch up???

Re: Bedtime supply issue

• We having the same issue. He just wants to always eat at night. I will nurse and nurse and it seems like its never enough. Stick to it. It will get better.

April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • giving a bottle will make the problem worse, especially if you aren't pumping then. Just keep nursing! and read this:

https://kellymom.com/parenting/parenting-faq/fussy-evening/

• Loading the player...
  • DD1 used to nurse for hours every evening. Looking back, I think her evening fussiness may have been caused by not getting enough sleep during the day and becoming overtired. Don't let LO stay awake for more than 1 or 2 hours at a time, and see if that helps.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"