Breastfeeding

Clogged duct help

DD weaned a week and a half ago which makes me a bit sad. She had been down to nursing once a night for about a month at that point. So I haven't been enforced or anything but two days ago I started having some pain. I am pretty sure it is a clogged duct on both sides. I have tried hot compresses, massages and hand expressing but today it is pretty painful. I don't have a fever not is it red so I don't think mastitis yet. Any suggestions for pain relief?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clogged duct help

• Maybe pump and massage it for a little bit?  Ibuprofen? 
    SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • warm compress, ibuprofen, vitamin C and massage under warm water
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • The only way I have been able to clear a clogged duct is by dangle nursing. Where I place my son on the bed, and actually dangle my breast over him. It usually unclogs within 5 minutes. Maybe you can try pumping in that position, just to clear it out?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. You need to take lecithin, (1,200mg) 3 or 4 times a day. Lecithin has emulsification and lubricant properties - it's like Drain-O for your milk ducts. Taking too much can make you nauseated, dizzy and depressed (no joke), so don't O/D on it.

Lecithin

2. Drink boatloads of water to thin everything out. Fill up the huge 32oz. water jug that you stole from the hospital and drink several refills per day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"