Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Boy-Friendly Potty

So LO is very young for potty training, but I wanted to get him one sooner rather than later so he can start sitting on it and getting comfortable. Some of the potties look adorable and I am sure LO would love some of the features (cool noises when flushing, lighting up, etc) but they aren't very good for boys. When I've looked at reviews they have said the splash guard sucks and their baby would get his pee everywhere since they actually smooshed his genitals into an awkward position when he peed. Any suggestions for a good potty for boys? I would love one with some of the cool features but obviously fit is most important!

Re: Boy-Friendly Potty

• We tried about six different potty chairs and seat reducer ring things before finding the combo that worked best for us. The Bjorn potty chair was the best for pee not going everywhere. Most of the little chairs that have the splash guard were too little for our "bigger" kid. He was right around 24 months. but those little chairs were too little. And when we would try to get his penis behind the splash guard, it would always pinch somehow. We also found a Cars seat reducer at Target that had a splash guard that actually was big enough. 

The potty chair and seat reducer worked well when he was just starting. We brought that Bjorn potty everywhere! When Jack got bigger, he would just sit on the regular toilet backwards, facing the tank. He's turning three next month, has been potty trained for more than eight months, and still sits backwards on the toilet.

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with the pp! We got the Sesame Street seat reducer with a "splash guard" for the big potty from Target and it works for our 20 month old DS. We haven't had any issues! Plus it's fairly cheap and easy to clean if need be.
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"