September 2011 Moms

Toddler bed

Maxton never slept in his crib, he slept with us from day one, because of our living situation at the time. When he got too big to sleep in bed comfortably with us, we put his mattress on the floor and he would sleep on it. We just bought a house and now he's transitioned to his room. We put him in his toddler bed a few nights ago and it's been a disaster! He will only sleep in his room for a few hours at night before he screams bloody murder until we go and get him and bring him into our room. I know that part of that is just because he's used to sleeping with us, but I think he's scared of his toddler bed. It's custom made, and only makes his mattress and inch off the ground, but he won't even go near it. Today at nap time, he slept on the floor beside his bed, then got up, moved to our bed, and slept for 2 hours. 

Does it make more sense just to transition him to a twin bed on the floor and see if he sleeps better that way? Could he really be scared of his toddler bed? After 18 months of a kid sleeping in our room, we are ready to have it to ourselves!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Toddler bed

• It might be a combination of the new space and being away from you.I would suggest for you to try to stay in his room with him until he is calm and/or sleeping, rather than take him to your room.

ETA: You could try putting a mattress or something on the floor of his room for him to sleep on, to see if it's really the bed he doesn't like or just being in the new room.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• If he is comfortable with just the mattress then do just the mattress.  I'd do you best not to bring him into your room.  Try to comfort him in his room and try to get him back to sleep there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"