Breastfeeding

space out feedings

My little one is 4 months now, and still likes to eat every few hours. I don't mind it at all, but I keep hearing that he should be able to go longer. Today we were able to do about 2.53. My sister in law says I need to space out feedings longer so he doesn't just want go eat all the time, then I hear you can never overfeed a bf baby and always feed on demand...he's 15 pounds now, was only 5 when born. I feel like it's mean to hold off feeding if he wants to eat even if he just ate 2 hours ago.

Any advice??
-KB

Re: space out feedings

• That's what I've always thought... thank you so much! He just likes to eat :
    -KB
  • imagetheresat858:
    Listen to your baby, not random advice. I've always fed on demand and around 6.5 months my 1.5-2 hour eater became a every 3 hour eater.
    I agree with this. My lo is also 4 months old and still eats around every 2.5-3 hours, including every 3 hours overnight. Just continue listening to your lo's cues and feeding on demand, you're doing great!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the encouragement! I always just fed him on demand and then kept hearing he should space out and I started to worry he was gaining too much which is so silly!! Thank you both, I just needed to hear it was ok hehe. Ftm worries, ah!
    -KB
  • She has/is ebf all 3 kids, says to schedule them :/ has had her 4 month old on a 3 hour schedule since 1 month
    -KB
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"