Trouble TTC

Clomid + Ovidrel: what is your monitoring protocol?

What monitoring protocol does your RE follow for Clomid & Ovidrel and TI? With IUI? Are they different?

Has your protocol changed (number, time, & type of appts) after a cycle or two as your RE got to know how you responded to various medications?

Has your RE missed your ovulation? 

(By protocol, I'm referring to both in-office appointments, like blood tests and ultrasounds, and also at home tasks like using OPKs.)

TIA.

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

Re: Clomid + Ovidrel: what is your monitoring protocol?

• I've only done IUIs, not TIs.  And yes protocol was always the same-ish.  Cd3 or 4 baseline and come in on cd11 or 12 for monitoring.  (I asked after the first cycle to come in a day earlier since my follie was so huge the first cycle by cd12).  

No, they have never missed O.  And yes, I was told to take OPKs the first cycle and call if I got a positive before my cd12 monitoring...but I repeatedly told them I don't get pos OPKs because of my diabetes and after the first cycle they finally believed me.  Since I always O on my own between cd13-15 we just knew with clomid to have me come in on cd11 and for injects there is more monitoring.

Aside from cd3, cd12, there is just IUI day, 7dpo and beta.  Lather, Rinse, repeat!

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• imagekatib77:

Aside from cd3, cd12, there is just IUI day, 7dpo and beta.  Lather, Rinse, repeat!

This is my first IUI but this

• Loading the player...
  • I used Novarel instead of of Ovidrel to trigger but my protocol was:

CD2-3: Ultrasound (check for cysts, antral follicle count)
    CD3-7: Clomid
    CD 9: Monitoring appt #1 (I O ~CD11 on my own). For IUI #1 I was ready to trigger that night, for IUI #2 I came back on...
    CD 13: Monitoring appt #2 (date was picked based on size of follicles at appt #1).
    IUI based on trigger date.

I used OPKs the first time because I was paranoid that the Clomid would make me O too soon and we'd miss it. I skipped them the second time around. 

Never did TI so can't compare protocols, sorry!

image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • I am on my first round of treatment with Clomid and Ovidrel. I am doing 50 mg Clomid CD3-7.  I had a baseline ultrasound appointment on CD3.  I go in for a follicle study ultrasound on CD12 and they will tell me when to trigger based on those results.

My doctor didn't say anything about doing OPKs, but I generally get false positives all the time due to my pcos so I have never found them very helpful. 

• Thanks, ladies (and anyone else who chooses to respond).

My protocol is similar (baseline, CD12, etc.). I'm also supposed to be taking OPKs before CD12 and after, up until my trigger. After CD12, I was told to trigger on a Sunday, but got a positive OPK Saturday. I went in for b/w and later that same day was told "you're well into your surge, very likely ovulating today. Drop everything and have sex."

We're wondering if we missed our window, wondering if the trigger was necessary (they told me to take it "whenever" on Sat), wondering if the protocol should be different.

Maybe it's all worry for naught, as I'll get pregnant this cycle, but I wanted to be prepared before we start another cycle, so thanks for the replies.

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• I've only missed my ovulation on Femara- I reacted days sooner than usual- so I had JUST ovulated when I went in for the monitoring. Unfortunately, it fell over a weekend so there was nothing to do but TI.
  • CD3 - Sono

CD4 - Bloodwork

Clomid - CD5-9

CD10 - Saline sono, 3 follies, trigger shot

CD11-13 - TI

CD14 - Progesterone

CD15 - Another in office shot, but I forgot what it was. DOPE!

CD24 - Office blood preg test

I wasn't using OPK's, but the CBFM. I got peak readings way to early. CD8-9. Clomid throws the readings off, so I am assuming it does to OPK's, too. Sono today confirmed I had not ovulated yet.

Me:37 DH:40 Married 7/2009 TTC since 5/2012 
    BFP 4/2013, Our Christmas Miracle Due 12/18/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"