Breastfeeding
Options

Getting tubes tied while BF?

Due to some serious complications at the end of m last pregnancy, my OB has recommended me not having any more babies & getting my tubes tied.  I was wondering how this would affect my milk supply, or if it is even advisable to get the tubes tied while still nursing.  I didn't ask these questions as I didn't even think of them until after I left.  Obviously I will consult with the doctor, but I was wondering if anyone experienced this??
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Getting tubes tied while BF?

• Options
    I HIGHLY recommend looking into the esure procedure. It in essence ties your tubes without surgery. The ob places spring things in your tubes, which scare tissue forms around blocking your tubes. It is done in office while your awake I was at Walmart after. Then three months later they inject dye and take xrays make sure it worked.

I did it when ds was 2 months old, I was able to bf as soon as I got home. And since it doesn't effect your hormones it doesn't effect your milk at all.

I can't say enough good things about it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"