September 2011 Moms

Daylight savings 3/10/13 - anyone caring this year?

Or anyone else hoping, like me, that their LO will magically sleep later due to time change and will begin gloriously going to be at 7pm and waking at 6am?? One can hope right.  Last year N fought bedtime but slept later in the am and it lasted not long.

Now that she consistentlys sleeps 11 hours I'm hoping we just do our normal routine and voila!  Wishful thinking?  You betcha!

ETA: I'm only hoping to make a 30 min shift which is why I think it could happen via Daylight savings (bedtime from 6:30 to 7 and wakeup from 5:30 to 6)

Re: Daylight savings 3/10/13 - anyone caring this year?

• Wishful thinking for me too!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm praying it will magically fix her crappy sleep. She's sleeping, at best, 9-9.5 hrs at night and 90 minutes for nap. Since daylight savings normally screws up sleep, I'm going to cling to a sliver of hope that we'll have the reverse and it will fix hers.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I probably won't do anything. I'll put her to bed at the usual time (8ish) which will actually be 9. She might wake up a the same time and be cranky, but I'm sure she'll adjust.

I'm friggin excited for it to stay light out for longer in the evening!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMsGrace2003:
    Daylight savings time confuses the crap out of me.nbsp; We spring forward, which means we will be losing an hour of sleep, right?nbsp; Which means that I should put him to bed earlier, right?nbsp; I hate time changes.

Here's how I remember it:
    Fall back means gain and hour
    Spring ahead means we lose an hour.

I'm not sure what the reaction here will be. I can only hope it's good.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagealli&dan:

I'm friggin excited for it to stay light out for longer in the evening!

Me too!  I have no idea what it'll do with his sleep.  I don't think I want him going to bed at 8:-8:30 pm, but if it means he'll sleep until 6, I'd be ok with that.  He averages 10-10.5 hours each night.

• D still needs a bedroom door.  I just mentioned to DH last night we need to get on that before it starts to get too much more light outside in the am.

We have a sheet (ghetto, I know) hanging there now & her room is right off the kitchen so the sun really comes in those windows in the morning. I also don't have any molding around the floor or windows in the whole house except the bathroom.

He plans on finishing the babies room this month.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"