Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Acid Reflux starting at one?

DS has been "off" the last 3 weeks.  My normally super content, independent, always smiling boy has become super lethargic, clingy, can't play by himself, & whiney.  I figured teeth.  Last week DC called & said he had green boogers, but no fever.  I called the pediatrician (he'd had a runny nose & some congestion) & they essentially said to play it out.

Monday rolls around and DC calls again to say he's slept the majority of the day & isn't eating.  I called the pediatrician again and they said I should  bring him in.

Pediatrician couldn't find any signs of an ear infection or cold, but said it's odd for him to be "off" for so long.   Then DS had one of his coughing episodes that has started lately (only 1-2 times/day).  His face gets super red & he cries while coughing - pediatrician thinks he's developed acid reflux. I figured he had a bit of a chest cold & it hurt. 

Anyone else have this?   I know a lot of babies have reflux, but he did not aside from the normal.  Just wondering I guess :)  I'm not 100% sure this is really what's going on, but I'm willing to see if the meds help him over the next few weeks.

Re: Acid Reflux starting at one?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"