Trouble TTC
Options

HSG done!

I feel like a lot of us had HSGs done recently!

I just had mine this afternoon.  It actually wasn't too bad!  My doctor talked to me before taking me to the OR.  Then when I got back to the room it was my dr, an ob resident, and the nurse.  They were all joking around with each other and me, but I was half paying attention, half really nervous and trying to take it all in!

So they started the test, and the speculum was probably the worst part.  Then he told me I'd be feeling a little pinch - which I never felt.  I even checked with the nurse to make sure the catheter was in.  Then they started taking pictures, which I was able to see the screen too. 

At first I was a little confused with what I was looking at.  Turns out my uterus is tilted way off to the left.  So there is a very short distance to my left ovary.. but like 4x the distance to my right ovary.  Overall, everything looked clear.  Except he said there was some endometrium floating around in my uterus.  It showed up in some pictures, in different areas.  So he told me he didn't want to do an IUI this cycle, and let that come out with my next period. 

They printed off all the pictures for me to take home. 

He said the tilting would affect anything,  it's just the way my body is, and he wasn't concerned about the endometrium floating around.  So, that's positive. I'm kinda bummed we can't do the IUI this month, but in the big picture, it's not that big of deal.  We'll still time it out and see what happens! 

I'm just glad it's over! I took the rest of the day off work. I just made some chocolate chip cookies - just break & bake, nothing fancy.  I thought I deserved them, haha. 

TTC since March 2012
DX: MFI (4% motility)

Cycle 13: Natural cycle w/ HSG test = BFP
Identical twins! 
Lost my angel boys at 10.5 weeks

Cycle 14-16: Natural Cycles = BFN
Cycle 17: Follistim + Trigger + IUI = BFN
Cycle 18: Natural Cycle = BFN
Cycle 19: Follistim + Trigger +IUI#2
Polyp found: SIS 11/11 - hysteroscopy 11/14
Cycle 20: Follistim + IUI#2 = BFFN
Cycle 21: Follistim (adj. dosage) + IUI#3 TI  = BFN
IUI cancelled due to weather
Cycle 22: Follistim + IUI#3.1 = BFN

Cycle 23: treatment break, IVF consult
Cycle 24 - 26: natural cycle w/ acupuncture + Chinese herbs = BFN
Cycle 27: Follistim + IUI#4 = BFFN
Natural Cycles until IVF
Cycle 30: IVF#1 - Starting with Menopur + Follistim + Ganirelix
17 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 5dt w/ 2 blasts, 5 frosties

Betas:  #1-156(9dp5dt), #2-1200(13dp5) #3-6112(17dp5)
Ultrasound #1 10/6: 1 bean!
TEAM BLUE!

My Chart
~~ALL WELCOME~~

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: HSG done!

• Options
    Glad it went smoothly! And yay for chocolate chip cookies! You definitely deserve them :) Sorry about having to wait until next month for IUI :(
  • Options

Yay! So happy for you! Glad that the HSG went well!

Brilliant minds must think alike. After my RE appt - I went to Panera and bought myself a chocolate chip cookie. I decided that I deserved that after all!!!

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so happy it went good for you!  
    My Chart My Blog

After almost 2 years of TTC and fertility treatments we got a surprise BFP in May 2013
    1/14/14 Baby Boy!! 
    TTC for #2 October 2015

• Options
    Glad it went well!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • Options
    I am glad your HSG went well. Enjoy the cookies. You definitely earned them.
    TTC #1 since May 2006 - We thought we were done in 2010, but we are back again!
    PCOS (anovulatory and amenorrhea) and hypothyroid.
    Currently taking Metformin 1500 MG and Synthroid.
    Prior HSG and DH SAs were clear.
    Feb 2013 - Switched clinics/RE and starting from the beginning again with some modifications.
    Current status: CD 3 appointment showed lining was too thick (11.5 mm). Endometrial biopsy scheduled for CD 11. Next steps will be based on results.
    All welcome to respond.
    March TTTC Siggy Challenge: Internet Memes
    imageimage
  • Options

Thanks for sharing. I am glad that it wasn't too bad. I'm just had my HSG on 2/19 and still haven't gotten the results. It sounds like your doc is on top of everything.

• Options
    Thanks for sharing. Ill be scheduling mine soon and Im so nervous! Good to hear it wasnt painful and congrats on your results!!
    **Married 6/2009** **DH: 26 Me: 27** **TTC since 11/2010** **Short TTC break in 2011 due to spinal tap** **2012-OPKs and b/w with OB/GYN confirm ovulation** **SA done 10/2012, all normal** **Initial RE appt for me 3/2013**
  • Options

I had an hsg too.  They found filling defects they think are caused by polyps or scar tissue.  I'm having a sonohysterogram to give my RE a better look before the hysteroscopy.  I was really scared before my hsg, but it was totally pain free.

Have you heard of Arvigo Maya fertility massage?  https://www.oprah.com/health/What-Is-Arvigo-Maya-Fertility-Massage-Daphne-Oz

Maybe it could help with the position of your uterus. 

Me: 37; DH: 35, SA normal ttc 1st since 11/2011 1/2013: HSG 2/2013-4/2013: acupuncture 3/2013: SHG 4/9/13: lap removed stage 2 endo & ovarian cyst 9/2013-11/2013: Clomid 3x 12/2013: IUI/superO 2013: spent $4,900 on treatment Waiting until 1/2015 for IVF insurance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"