TTC after 35

Intro

So I'm new to this board, replied and posted a couple of times in the last 2weeks. DH and I have been married for about year and a half. We have 4 children between us. Took me almost 2.5 years to get preggo with my DD with me ex. He never had problems, they got preg first time with all 3kids. Have been trying for several months no success. Starting to get the old feelings of failure, ESP bc I know it's prob on my end that we're not pregnant. Add to it family have started making comments about when we're having kids. We've already ruled out ivf, as we have so many kids already. But feel like I'm still meant to have another child.  To add to this stress, infertility placed a HUGE stress on my last marriage, and me ex told me he wanted a divorce when I was 5 months preg...  So while I want a baby (and he does too) I'm also extremely stressed about what would happen if we do get preggo.  Sorry I know none of this is rational, but not a lot of people that I can talk about with that understand what it's like to just get bfn time and time aagain thanks for listening! 

Re: Intro

• Welcome to the group!  How old are you?

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Welcome! Does DH know how things went with your ex? I would make sure you talk about it with him, so he understands your concerns - which are understandable.

Also how long ago did DH have children, he is that much older now too. Don't get down till you know you have reasons to be down!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the group. Let your DH know your concerns. He can't be supportive if he doesn't know what is wrong. I know you don't want to IVF but what about just a few tests to find out something more then you do now?
    Anniversary
  • I'm 35, DH is 42. My daughter is 4 his youngest is 6. Ironically I had gone through the whole fertility process with my ex. I checked out fine, but he cancelled the IUI the night before. I got preggo with DD 5 months later. He knows the whole story, and is very sympathetic. It's just hard b/c his family has started making comments about when we have a baby, and I don't know if that will happen. 
  • tell teh family when and IF you have news you will share until then this is a private affair between dh and you! Sometimes you just have to shut people down, for everyones good.....best of luck to you!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• imageHeathernSteven:
    tell teh family when and IF you have news you will share until then this is a private affair between dh and you! Sometimes you just have to shut people down, for everyones good.....best of luck to you!

I agree with this entirely, and I can't quite believe that with the number of kids you already have between the two of you anyone would be pressuring you to have more.  It's your choice and your 'private affair' if you are going for more or not.  Be direct and tell family/friends that the stress they are putting on you isn't helping anything, so they just need to butt out!

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Welcome and best of luck to you.
    My Ovulation Chart Me-35, DH-39. TTC#1
  • Hi welcome to the board.  Don't be worried this DH is going to fail you like your ex.  They are two different ppl and it sounds like he understands. 

If I were you I would at least go see my ob/gyn and have him run a few tests.  He can do 3 day testing and also a HSG to rule out some things.  Then based on the answers, schedule an appt with an RE if it looks like the numbers aren't perfect.  REs can take months to get appts with, so do your homework now and find one that you would consider working with.

I am from NJ, but my RE is in Little Silver - a bit of a hike for you to drive to.  HeatherSteven uses him also.  He changed my DH's mind - who was dead set on doing things "naturally" & did not want any interference with drugs or catheters, etc.  Go figure, I marry a younger man & figured all along that I was the cause of IF, it turns out we have MFI - I am in great shape for my age.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome to the board- so sorry for what you went through with your ex.  I can't imagine being told my DH wanted a divorce while I was pregnant!  I can understand all the insecurities that would cause, what a horrible thing to go through.  Everyone is right that your current DH sounds very supportive...I hope you will be able to trust him as you venture forward.  I'm sure it's hard but if he's willing to be there for you, let him.  You have the opportunity to create a whole new story this time.  Best of luck to you!!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"