Breastfeeding

7 week old wants to eat constantly

Help! My 7 week old wants to eat constantly during the day. I never seem to have enough to satisfy her so I started pumping in the evenings after she goes to bed, in the night, and first thing in the morning so I have enough breast milk to use as supplement during the day. What am I doing wrong? Is this just a growth spurt? It's been going on for about a week and I'm exausted. It seems like my supply is enough over all to feed her, but I would rather skip the pumping all together. Has anyone had this experience?

Re: 7 week old wants to eat constantly

• they hit a growth spurt at about that age, it wont last long, dont worry! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imageMs. Lisi:
    they hit a growth spurt at about that age, it wont last long, dont worry! 

This!  Dont worry about supplementing just keep offering the breast, even if it feels like it is all the time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • imagetheresat858:
    Skip the pumping. Just keep offering the breast and switching sides. It's completely normal.

This! It's normal.

• My LO is this way too.  She wants to eat every hour from about 1or 2 through the rest of the night.  She doesn't always take much of an afternoon nap either, so I don't get much of a break.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Normal!  It is just a growth spurt, skip pumping!  Your body will adjust to baby's needs.
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"