Nurseries and Baby Gear

How Many Sleep Sacks?

We are planning to use sleep sacks for baby at night. How many do you recommend we buy/register for? I imagine we will be doing laundry at least every other day...
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How Many Sleep Sacks?

• I did laundry every 5 or 6 days. 3 sleep sacks were enough for us as we used one 2 nights in a row.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • imagejesselayne8:
    I did laundry every 5 or 6 days. 3 sleep sacks were enough for us as we used one 2 nights in a row.

FTM question coming at ya...Did they get dirty every night? Or did you just prefer to change them every 2 nights? I don't know what level of baby spit up occurs over 2 days! Obviously a diaper blowout would mean a change, but do they get grubby easily?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageStina2012:

imagejesselayne8:
    I did laundry every 5 or 6 days. 3 sleep sacks were enough for us as we used one 2 nights in a row.

FTM question coming at ya...Did they get dirty every night? Or did you just prefer to change them every 2 nights? I don't know what level of baby spit up occurs over 2 days! Obviously a diaper blowout would mean a change, but do they get grubby easily?

I'd say 3-4 per size when they're smaller, then 2-3 when they're older and have fewer blow-outs/spit-ups.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageChicagoBroad26:
    imageStina2012:

imagejesselayne8:

I'd say 3-4 per size when they're smaller, then 2-3 when they're older and have fewer blow-outs/spit-ups.  

Thanks! I'm going to add some to my registry now.

• We got a ton for our twins in multiple styles/sizes, with the swaddle wings, without, etc and it turned out that our babies hated them.  They screamed and cried till we released their little feet out of the sleep sack.  My advice is to not go overboard til you know they'll like them.  I've been desparately trying to give our away to others so they dont' go to waste.
  • I only have two, one is a really thick one, one is a lighter weight.  He wears it several nights in a row unless he spits up on it.  It doesn't get dirty in his sleep.
  • We went to Halo sleepsacks after we stopped swaddling at around 5 months I think.  We got by just fine with 2 and I washed them every couple of days.  For the colder seasons, the Halo ones were too thin so we switched to the quilted gro-bags and they are great, but pricey. 

• I'd say three of each size is all you need.  You can get by with 2 but we've had two blowouts/spitups in one night before so it's really best to have a third.  We swaddled until 7 months, then used sleep sacks pretty much until we moved DD into a big girl bed at 2y4m.
    Mom to two beautiful girls and forever labor buddy to the fab lady MandaPanda518!
  • TJMaxx/Marshalls/Home Goods usually have them in their baby section for $6-9 each.  I've bought a few that way.  Colors/patterns can be hit or miss but for that cheap, it's worth it.
    TTC #1 2+ Years with Unexplained IF
    1st & Only BFP: 1st IVF w/ ICSI, 3dt of 2 7-cell, grade 2 embryos on 8/25/12
    Beta #1 9/5: 87.2 BFP! - Beta #2 9/7: 248 - 1st US @ 6w3d Two Heartbeats! - MoDi Girls!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We do laundry every single day! We registered for 4 and kept 2 in the rotation.
  • We have three but one is heavier so I usually switch between our two cotton SwaddleMe's. I'd probably like one more, but we are fine with two. I usually use them for two, sometimes three nights in a row but, they do get dirty. We're a bit uncoordinated at night time, so breast milk usually ends up on the edge of the sack near her neck.

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageChicagoBroad26:
    imageStina2012:

imagejesselayne8:

Yep, this is what we had for DS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"