February 2012 Moms

Choking when drinking from a straw?? STILL

Geezus.  He's still choking from drinking from a straw.  It's not the kind of "I'm going to die, give me the heimlick" choke.  It's more lots of coughing and then half of what he drank dribbling down his mouth.  

He's been practicing with a straw for months.   Please tell me he's not the only one.   I'm so over bottles.  I want to be DONE!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Choking when drinking from a straw?? STILL

• Lauren does this too! It's because there is much less control with how much liquid comes from a straw, at least while they're still learning. I feel like I'm water boarding her sometimes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Have you thought about just switching to the spout cups instead?
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Loading the player...
  • Addy still does this quite a bit too, even with spout cups. It's just when she "overshoots" and sucks out more than she can handle at one time. I think she's still learning to pace herself. 
  • DS chokes on anything other than a bottle.  He will barely even try using cups or straws.

The ped said if he still has an issue at 15 months he would be shocked, that a ton of development happens between now and then.

• Ian does this, even just regular sippies...more so when he's really thirsty, gulps gulps, gulps and it gets overpowering I guess and he chokes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"