February 2012 Moms

Hard-soled shoes that stay on!

So, DD has always worn Robeez since she began toddling/walking.  I stuck with them because they stay on!  When she moves up to the next room at daycare in the next couple months, she will need hard-soled shoes (rules)... and I want to get her used to walking in them.

So what shoes stay on your LO's feet?  I saw the one little girl had little Nike Air's with velcro and laces.  Thanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hard-soled shoes that stay on!

• I'm curious as to why they have to have hard soled shoes?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just bought a pair of sneakers for DS at Walmart.  They are hard soled, and have velcro.  He'll keep them on as long as he's not in the car seat.  Put him in the seat, and they're off in less than 5 minutes.
  • Loading the player...
  • If she's going to wear them all day, every day (which is stupid...) I would highly suggest that you put money into a good pair of shoes. Go check out Stride Rites or something similar.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've had pretty good luck with Stride Rite. We got DD a pair of sneakers and a pair of Mary Janes. She likes to play with the velcro on the sneakers, and occasionally takes them off but mostly leaves them on. The Mary Janes she doesn't mess with at all and will leave on all day.

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• For hard soled shoes I like See Kai Run.  I also love Converse, they have some that are just velcro on the side and super easy to put on and they stay on.
  • I completely agree with investing in a good pair of shoes. We went to a children's shoe store in my town where he was fitted, and ended up with a pair of velcro Nikes (they are the cutest things I've ever seen in my life). Had he not been fitted, I would have gotten him a size too big, which wouldn't have been good for his growing feet!
  • I LOVE those See Kai Run shoes!

IDK why they require hard-soled shoes... I'll have to search for a local fitter.  Thanks!
  • We have two pairs of Stride Rites, one pair ties, one velcros, both stay on really well.

• We wears her Converse or a paid of sneakers I got at BRU to daycare everyday.  The reason DD has to wear hard sole shoes now is because they go outside in the mornings and they walk to the gym in the afternoon (they are at a church and it's in the next building over connected by a walkway).  
  • imagefirecracker8:
    If she's going to wear them all day, every day (which is stupid...) I would highly suggest that you put money into a good pair of shoes. Go check out Stride Rites or something similar.

I agree with this, you don't want to screw up her feet by wearing bad shoes all day everyday.  They would be worth it in this case.

Married 03/09
    TTC #1 02/11
    BFP #1 02/24/11 EDD 10/31/11 MC 03/02/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #2 05/30/11 EDD 02/07/12 Ava Grace born 02/01/12

TTC #2 08/14
    BFP #3 10/10/14 EDD 06/20/15 CP 10/15/14 

My Ovulation Chart
  • We bought DS some Stride Rite shoes from diapers.com for less than 25!  I was excited because I want him to have good shoes, and these fit the bill.  

He normally takes them off when we are home or we do so he isn't in them all day long.  He wears them at school sometimes and that's it.  And he takes them off sometimes too so they let him do what he wants.  Some days he is fully dressed when I pick him up - others I am lucky he is in a diaper!  :) 

• Skyler has a pair of Mary Jane type Keds, and she has never tried to take them off.  She also has a pair of Nike's and she only occassionally plays with the straps.  I got the Keds at The Shoe Dept. or Shoe Carnival.  They are cheaper than Stride Rite, her strap is plain though, no flower.  Both shoes start at size 4, so if her feet are smaller than that you are going to have a tough time finding hard soled shoes.  Skyler barely fits the size fours.

https://www.kidsfootlocker.com/product/model:194081/sku:25595002/nike-dual-fusion-run-girls-toddler/grey/red/?cm=TnDdniketoddler

https://www.shoecarnival.com/shoe/Athletics/Girls/Girls-Infant-Daphane/Blink/KEDS/productDetail/8433/scvl90058cat/?selectedColor=&selectedSize=&categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=0

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hadley has two pairs of Clarks First Shoes, both velcro, and both stay on great! They can only be bought in-store, so look for a local Clarks store. I got both pairs on sale for about $20/each. They are leather and really good quality!

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"