Trouble TTC
Options

Short LP & Doc apointment

Hi ladies!

A little background: My SO and I have been TTC #1 since only July and are on cycle 8.

The thing is that since stopping the pill, I have bled/spotted aroung 20 days per cycles. I have positive OPKs and temp shifts in my charts for most of the cycles.

I have a doc apointment on Friday (annual) and want to talk to my doctor about this. My SO had his apointment last week with the same doctor, and when he mentionned the fact that we've been TTC for 8 cycles, the doc gave him his papers for a SA. He also asked that I bring all my charts to the apointment.

I know it is very soon in our journey.and I don't know what we should do. Should my SO do the test? What if my doctor sends me to do all the testing? Should I say yes or no?

Thanks a lot for your advices!!

Re: Short LP & Doc apointment

• Options
    I had a similar situation the first year we were ttc. However it can take that year for your cycle to regulate. If your dr is offering to do an SA and test you, i say go for it. And bring your charts so the dr knows what's goin on.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    Do you mean that you have a 30some day cycle and you're bleeding or spotting on 20 of those 30 days off and on throughout the cycle, or that you have a 20 day cycle? I personally think that either could be indicative of a problem worth investigating. You mentioned a short LP in your title, how many days on average?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a similar thing when I stopped BC - it ended up being low progesterone - which for me was a relatively easy fix (progesterone supplements for the first cycle, but when we found out that the clomid made my progesterone levels normal we stopped that).   I'd say go ahead and do the testing if your doctor offers - it's better to know than not know.  I started my testing on month 9 due to really heavy AF and the spotting. 
    Me: 30, DH: 40 
    TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
    50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
    Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

• Options

imagerox825:
    Do you mean that you have a 30some day cycle and you're bleeding or spotting on 20 of those 30 days off and on throughout the cycle, or that you have a 20 day cycle? I personally think that either could be indicative of a problem worth investigating. You mentioned a short LP in your title, how many days on average?

I have 28-30 days cycles. After O, I start heavily spotting at 5 DPO until 14-15 DPO. I'll have a 3-4 day period then will spot for 3-4 more days afterwards.

Thanks to everyone for your input!

• Options
    imageEmeJay:

imagerox825:

I have 28-30 days cycles. After O, I start heavily spotting at 5 DPO until 14-15 DPO. I'll have a 3-4 day period then will spot for 3-4 more days afterwards.

Making it to 14-15dpo is not a short LP.  But Spotting that much of your cycle sounds concerning but I can ease your fears that it is not a short LP.   

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options
    imagekatib77:
    imageEmeJay:

imagerox825:

Making it to 14-15dpo is not a short LP.  But Spotting that much of your cycle sounds concerning but I can ease your fears that it is not a short LP.   

I have to admit that I'm a little confused with the LP since my "spotting" is very very heavy (like needing a panty liner and lot of discharge). 

But I guess you're right since my cycle are still long. From what I've read, similar situation are often because of low progesterone?

• Options

It could be from low progesterone or you could have fibroids in your ute.  But a short LP is usually starting full flow between 8dpo-11dpo.  Example:  I believe I O'd this cycle on cd12 and started crampping and spotting today on cd23.  That's 11dpo, and per history I will start full flow today or tomorrow from my LPD/low progesterone. 

Personally if you have enough progesterone in your system to make it all the way to 15dpo, then I'm leaning more towards it's something else.  But it's best for doctors to run a 7dpo test to see what your P4 level is then.  If it's 10 or above then have a saline U/S of your uterus to look for fibroids.  It's easier to rule out the LPD first with the simple 7dpo b/w before moving on to the saline U/S.  But I will say, my IRL IF friend had fibroids.  She found out after she'd told me she bleed on and off (but for most of) three months straight.  Some of it was just spotting, but still that much bleeding is what helped me convince her to see my RE. 

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options
    imagekatib77:

It could be from low progesterone or you could have fibroids in your ute.  But a short LP is usually starting full flow between 8dpo-11dpo.  Example:  I believe I O'd this cycle on cd12 and started crampping and spotting today on cd23.  That's 11dpo, and per history I will start full flow today or tomorrow from my LPD/low progesterone. 

Personally if you have enough progesterone in your system to make it all the way to 15dpo, then I'm leaning more towards it's something else.  But it's best for doctors to run a 7dpo test to see what your P4 level is then.  If it's 10 or above then have a saline U/S of your uterus to look for fibroids.  It's easier to rule out the LPD first with the simple 7dpo b/w before moving on to the saline U/S.  But I will say, my IRL IF friend had fibroids.  She found out after she'd told me she bleed on and off (but for most of) three months straight.  Some of it was just spotting, but still that much bleeding is what helped me convince her to see my RE. 

Thanks a lot for all the info!!!

I really hope my M.D will be able to help me with that.

• Options
    I have a very similar thing. I will start spotting around 7dpo through 15dpo and then bleed for 3 or 4 days and then spot again for a few days. It's ridiculously annoying! I've had all the testing and my RE never found a cause except for a small fibroid. My progesterone levels are normal, but we decided to also use progesterone suppositories as well and that has been the only thing that stopped the spotting. I think it would definitely be worth going through the testing to figure out what's going on!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"