Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Just got the chromosome results- not what I wanted to hear

I got the call this morning from my doctor that I've been waiting for for almost 4 weeks. I found out there was a translocation between chromosomes 13 & 14, which was the cause of the miscarriage. Apparently translocations can be spontaneous or they can be inherited. My husband and I now have to go get our chromosomes drawn to see if we are carriers and speak to a genetic counselor. While I'm glad to have an answer for what caused the miscarriage, it's hard to hear that it may be something that is passed on from one of us and may affect all of our pregnancies. I know there's a chance it could have been random but with this being my second loss I'm not that optimistic. We also found out that we were having a boy :( It makes it so real and while I'm glad to know the gender, it does make it that much harder. We lost our son. So many emotions right now....thanks for letting me get it all out. 

My Ovulation Chart

BFP #1 3.16.12. mmc 5.7.12 at 11 weeks ~Avery Cameron~

BFP #2 12.12.12. mmc 1.22.13 at 10 weeks ~Theodore Michael~

D&C #2 Chromosome analysis results: Translocation Trisomy 14

My RPL Testing: Homozygous MTHFR, normal karyotype

DH's karyotype results: Robertsonian Translocation 13:14

BFP #3 9.10.13 mc at 4 weeks~Our little May Flower~ 

BFP #4 10.13.13- Our Rainbow Baby, a little girl, arrived June 25, 2014! 

Re: Just got the chromosome results- not what I wanted to hear

• So so sorry I'm still waiting for ours to come back. I am hoping to have some closure when they come back but I know the chance that it can come back normal.

Good luck and I am glad that you are able to get some answers.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I am so sorry that the results weren't what you wanted. I hope that everything goes well with the testing and that you aren't carriers.

I know what you mean about knowing the gender making it more real, and harder. I felt the same way when we found out, its heartbreaking to think "we would have had a little boy/girl"....

T&P and lots of hugs to you!

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you didn't get the results you wanted. FX that you are not carriers ((HUGS))
  • I am so sorry! ((Hugs))
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how you feel about finding out the gender of the baby and know that there was a chromosome issue.  I am feeling the same way.  Although my situation is a little bit different because my doctor said our chromosome issue is very rare and I have about 1% chance of it happening again, I am scared.  We were having a boy too.  I hope your testing goes well and you can find some peace soon.  I am so sorry for your loss.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Clip Art Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18
  • Just got my results today and they were normal and I don't feel good about Them because now I feel like it was definitely my fault and I am rehashing everything I did again.

• imagelizok22:

Just got my results today and they were normal and I don't feel good about Them because now I feel like it was definitely my fault and I am rehashing everything I did again.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I really appreciate the support

Lizok22- I'm sure it was hard to hear that everything was normal- try not to blame yourself- it was nothing you did. Are you going to have any other blood work done to determine if there may be another cause like a clotting disorder or something like that?

My Ovulation Chart

BFP #1 3.16.12. mmc 5.7.12 at 11 weeks ~Avery Cameron~

BFP #2 12.12.12. mmc 1.22.13 at 10 weeks ~Theodore Michael~

D&C #2 Chromosome analysis results: Translocation Trisomy 14

My RPL Testing: Homozygous MTHFR, normal karyotype

DH's karyotype results: Robertsonian Translocation 13:14

BFP #3 9.10.13 mc at 4 weeks~Our little May Flower~ 

BFP #4 10.13.13- Our Rainbow Baby, a little girl, arrived June 25, 2014! 

• Im sorry to hear that. I hope this process goes quickly for you so you can  develop a plan and move on. Take care. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • I am so sorry for your losses!  I'm still waiting for our results and have another 2 weeks of waiting.  I'm looking for some closure, but I am afraid of the results too.  

With all my heart, I wish you the best for a healthy pregnancy when you try again.  Good luck to you!   

• So sorry honey :( I hope they were both just unfortunate randoms
    Anniversary
    My Blog!
    TTC #1 since 11/1/2011
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    DX: Hypothyroidism (2004) & Possible PCOS (2/2012)
    CD3 b/w: Elevated LH:FSH ratio HSG: All clear! Y-shaped Uterus; SA: Normal
    Round 1 of Clomid (50mg) 8/28-9/1: BFP!
    BFP #1: 9/23/12 Edd: 6/4/2013. M/C 9/28/12 @ 4w4d
    Round 2 of Clomid (100mg) 10/3-10/7: BFP!
    BFP #2: 11/3/12 Edd: 7/16/2013. mmc discovered at 18w2d (our baby girl stopped developing at 15w3d due to Down's Syndrome). d&e 2/15/13
    3/28/13: "quite a few" uterine polyps and scar tissue discovered.
    Hysteroscopy (4/16/13): Polyps, Scar Tissue removed. Septate confirmed & removed.
    Appt with new RE 5/30/13
    Surprise BFP (with no treatment!) 6/30/13
    Our perfect little boy was born 3/11/14 - 9lbs 2oz, 21 1/4"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"