December 2012 Moms

Still bleeding? PP, IUD or AF?

Is anyone else still bleeding? LO is 10 weeks old and I am still bleeding daily. Not all the time, but enough that I have to wear a pantiliner all the time. I had my Mirena placed 5 weeks ago.

I'm wondering if it's normal to bleed for so long after delivery, or after your IUD placement (I didn't hardly spot last time, but I didn't just have a baby either), or if I'm having my period return. 

I am inclined to think it's not my period because exclusively breastfeeding and have no other symptoms, plus, this would be a crazy long period, but maybe it is.

Anyone else in a similar boat? 

Anniversary g
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Still bleeding? PP, IUD or AF?

• I was bleeding at 8 weeks still. They did an ultrasound and I had retained placenta. I'm not sure if that is common or not?
  • I have spotting from my Mirena. I had stopped bleeding at around 6/7 weeks pp, but am now having spotting from the Mirena. My dr said that you can have spotting (enough for a pantiliner) for up to 3 months after the Mirena is placed in.  This isnt the case for everyone, but it is a possibility.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagechavatziporah:
    I have spotting from my Mirena. I had stopped bleeding at around 6/7 weeks pp, but am now having spotting from the Mirena. My dr said that you can have spotting (enough for a pantiliner) for up to 3 months after the Mirena is placed in.  This isnt the case for everyone, but it is a possibility.

My doc told me the same thing too.  I stopped PP bleeding 4 or 5 weeks, got my mirena at 6 weeks.  I then spotted for another two weeks, but doc said on and off spotting is no real concern and happens sometimes with the mirena.  I would call though, just for peace of mind. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I was spotting still at 6wks pp, and am now spotting at almost 4wks post mirena.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageFirefightersBride:
    I was spotting still at 6wks pp, and am now spotting at almost 4wks post mirena.

This :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Still bleeding here at 8 weeks pp and 2 weeks post Mirena.
  • Me too! I'm 10w pp and two weeks merina. It's enough for a liner. Ugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"