Blended Families
Options

Auntie

Do you have any suggestions for things to do out near Phillipsburg or Easton this time of year? Crayola is closed until Memorial Day for renevations and the Phillipsburg train is not running now either. We are likely going to my hoarder Aunt's house so my Mom can see her sister and I want to keep the kids busy out of her house. And let me say, I love my Aunt but the last time I was there she was making food with expired brandname mayonnaise and you could not walk into her garage, there was something I wanted in the middle and they said when they get to the middle they will give it to me!
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Auntie

• Options
    OK that was dumb on my part...sorry!
  • Options

I don't mean to butt in - but I live in the area and drive through the Easton area every weekend on our way to the mountains.

If it is nice outside you could always take a short trip to Ringing Rocks park.  It's really cool, you hit rocks (no idea where the rocks came from) with a hammer and they ring like bells  -you could spend a decent amount of time there.

If its cold out you could go to Camelback for tubing!  No need to know how to ski and tons of fun.  You can get coupons for $5 off at local Taco Bells. (about 45 min from Easton).

I don't know if your kids would be too young - but in Doylestown (30 minutes from Easton) there is the Fonthill, Mercer, and Tileworks museums.  They don't cost a lot, are indoors, and not far from the beaten path!  I've taken SS and nephew when they were around 6 or 7 and they had a fun time.

Worst case scenario - if you need a short amount of time - look into the Easton Free Library and see if they have any kids activities.  You don't need membership to go in - just to check out books.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I should have said that it will just be a day trip, I live in central Jersey near the shore. It is actually closer for me to drive to Philly than for me to drive to my Aunt's house. I think I am now hoping that her husband is up for meeting us near Bridgewater for lunch, I really want to avoid going there this time of year, at least a train ride or Crayola is a fun outing. And the kids and I would love to so lunch with her!
  • Options

Good luck!  Hope you just have to do lunch!

Not sure where in Central Jersey you are - but my sister is in Ocean County - not too far from Toms River - I love going out there!

Can't wait for the Saint Patty's Day parade in 2 weeks!  Its one of our favorite's (in Sea Side) might be a little depressing this year, but hopefully the tourist coming in will help the re-build! 

• Options
    imageBanana44:

Good luck!  Hope you just have to do lunch!

Not sure where in Central Jersey you are - but my sister is in Ocean County - not too far from Toms River - I love going out there!

Can't wait for the Saint Patty's Day parade in 2 weeks!  Its one of our favorite's (in Sea Side) might be a little depressing this year, but hopefully the tourist coming in will help the re-build! 

I am pretty close to TR, we go to the mall there often although it is not my closest.  Have fun in Seaside, I am glad they are still holding the parade.  I really need to get out and see the shore but it has been too cold for me to want to drag the kids out, I only live ab out 12-15 min to the shore but have only gone once since Sandy.

Thanks Auntie, it is totally doable from my house but I will check how far it is from my Aunt which is close to Phillipsburg.  It looks like we might be doing lunch but all of these are ideas for the future too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"