Options

GTKY: Tattoos and Piercings

GYKY: Tattoos and Piercings

I am inspired by the post below. Spill it all. happy face
Tattoos
How many? Location? What is it?

Piercings
How many? Where?

Any interesting stories to go with your piercings or tattoos?
Charlotte 12.3.09
Madeline 6.24.11
Eleanor 9.30.13

Re: GTKY: Tattoos and Piercings

• Options
    Two tattoos. A green star on my right hip when I was 18. A small set of handcuffs with one cuff open in the shape pf a heart on the back of my neck because DH is a police officer.

I do have two piercings in each ear and had my cartilage pierced but they're all closed up.

• Options

Belly ring at 18 but havnt worn it in years, 2 tatoos.  Star on my foot, and butterfly/design on my lower back...yes "tramp stamp".  Although they have no real meaning we do consider them "freindship tatoos" , as I have the same butterfly as a bff we got them together, and about 5 of my close friends have stars on our feet. I know not real original....I don't regret them, but don't love them either! Most of the time I forget they are even there. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have three tattoos. One is a cover up, so I guess technically 4? I have a right side piece from even with my hip bone to my second rib, it's the cover up, that is a few flowers and a crown. I have a heart of my left hip that needs to be touched up, and the word love in a pretty script along the outside of my left foot.

Piercing wise I have the typical double holes in my ears and my right tragus. I had my navel done, but took it out when I was pregnant with DD.

XoXo
    Sarah

BFP#1 10/24/11 EDD 07/01/11 DD1 6/29/11
    BFP#2 07/26/12 EDD 03/21/13 M/C(mmc6wk)09/04/12 @~11w
    BFP#3 02/08/13 EDD 10/22/13 M/C(mmc6wk)03/11/13 @~8w
    BFP#4 06/05/13 EDD 02/19/14 DD2 02/05/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

2 tattoos:

foot- shears. (I''m a hair stylist. I got this when i graduated beauty school as a reminder of my accomplishments)

ankle- green clover for good luck

Peircings:

nose and then 10 peircings total in my ears. Had a belly button ring but took it out when i was like 21.

• Options
    One tattoo on my shoulder.

I used to have my eyebrow pierced but the hair stylist snagged it with a comb during a haircut, I had to remove it.

I don't really plan on getting anymore.
  • Options
    just cartilage, earlobes. (Want my tongue pierced after the baby is born) No tats :( I really cant decide on what I want... I was thinking about a FULL back piece, (demonic looking wings from top to bottom. But, I know its gonna cost a sh!t load of money :c
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

I have my nose pierced and I have no intentions of taking it out anytime soon.

One tattoo with my little sister, It says "Follow me, I'll follow you" with three little birds. I adore it.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I have one tattoo, a yin yang with a dragonfly, on my ankle.

I have three lobe piercings and a rook in one ear. In the other, I have two lobe piercings and two cartilage piercings.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just ears in terms of piercings. Took my belly ring out ages ago.

After my Mom died in 2007 I was 24, I got picasso's "dove with flowers" on the inside of my left ankle. It has her initials on it in hot pink. She had me dye her hair got pink before the chemo made it all fll out.

I also have a butterfly with the cancer ribbon as the body on my right shoulder blade/back. It's yellow for lung cancer.

After DS I plan on getting a poppy flower on my other shoulder with both my parents initials and dates around it. Poppy flower is a symbol for hope and I also lost my Dad last October to lung cancer. Yeah, I'm only turning 30 this year and they're both gone. Ugh.
    **Freddy** BabyFetus Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    I'm the odd one out.  I got my ears pierced for the first time 3 years ago.  That's it. And I don't even wear earrings over half of the time

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options

I have 7 tattoos- cherry behind one ear, peacock feather behind the other, a side piece of a peacock, two nautical stars on hips, two swallows with a lock and key above them.

piercings- tongue, belly button, Tagus, cartilage and my newest two daith heart piercings 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg
  • Options

Tattoos:

I have "Ani L'dodi V'dodi li (written in hebrew letters) onmy lower back. It means I am my beloved and my beloved is mine.

I have a Star of David with a rainbow through it. The rainbow turned out horrible and I will either get it covered or removed.

I got them both last year. The first for my 30th Bday the other in May.

Piercings:

I have my nose stud. I had a belly button ring but had to remove it during surgery.

• Options

Tattoos
    How many? 2
    Location? Shoulder blade, ring finger
    What is it? Wooden cross with vines and flowers, inter weaved lines

Piercings
    How many? 9, none in at the moment. I only wear the ones in my ears any more, not sure if the others are even open still
    Where? 3 each ear, nose, navel and tongue

Any interesting stories to go with your piercings or tattoos? I got the cross when my grand father passed, he was a man of great faith. Hubs and i got our fingers done since he cant wear a ring at work. Piercings, once upon a time i was addicited. If dh wasn't in the military i would have many more of both and probably purple hair lol

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Zero tats.

My ears are pierced. I had my nose pierced when I was 20 for about 2 months but I quickly got over that.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

No tattoos. They just aren't my thing.

I went through a piercing phase during high school that I regret. I have 2 piercings on my belly button that I took out 3 years ago and never grew over. I had my nose pierced but I only had it for a year or so and let it grow over. And I had multiple in each ear, and I let all but 2 grow over.

image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

no tattoos and I will never have one.

My ears are pierced three times on each side but I only wear the first holes.  My left cartlidge was pierced in high school but I took that out sometime in college.

I had my belly button pierced at 17 and took it out at 15 weeks pregnant with DS.

I had my tongue pierced my freshman year of college, took it out 6 months later then got it repierced about 1.5 years later.  I had that one in until I was 21 (i think) and then took it out once I started interviewing for jobs my senior year of college.

i don't regret any of them :)  no interesting stories...I'm boring! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

2 tattoos.  Butterfly on my lower left back and a swan on my lower right abdomen (which surprisingly did not stretch when I was pg with DD!). 

Piercings- I'm down to just one hole in each ear now, but in college I was rocking two holes in each ear, plus a cartilidge piercing in the right ear, a belly button ring and an eyebrow ring.  What can I say?  It was the 90's and funky piercings were in.

Interesting story?  Um, probably my comment about getting my belly button pierced: "Oh my god, that hurt worse than losing my virginity!"  The piercer thought it was hysterical.

m/c 9/22/07 at 8w5d...BFP 12/23/07! DD born 9/4/2008, BFP 2/14/13...DS born 10/22/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No tattoos. Have my ears pierced, got my belly button pierced at 18 and took it out 3 years later. I also got my cartalidge pierced in Italy when I was 16. I was in so much trouble when I got home and it got infected so I took it out. My mom said it got infected because I disobeyed them. LOL

I barely wear earrings now too. I'm boring!
    Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • Options

regular ear piercings, no tattoos (i came close many years ago thank god i did not)

i had my nose pierced........................................ in 1996.   see? 90's!

• Options

Piercings: ears and nose

tattoos: 3. Large Celtic cross between shoulder blades, holly around my ankle and believe on left wrist....

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Tattoos
    How many? Three
    Location? Hip, rib cage, back shoulder What is it? Hip: says eternal love, got it when I was 18 and now hate it. Rib cage: walk by faith not by sight. Back: a Native American piece.

Piercings
    How many? Six
    Where? Two holes in ears, tregus, cartilage, belly button, nose

Any interesting stories to go with your piercings or tattoos? My Native American one is for my brother who passed away.

• Options
    I have both ears pierced twice. I had my belly button pierced at 16, but it was ripped out in the shower when I was 22 and away for the weekend so I didn't have another ring to put in ring broke. Had nose pierced at 21 and that was accidentally pulled out during a drunken sleep and just left it out.

As for tattoos, I have a crescent noon and stars and wispy clouds on my lower back that I got at 18. I have a cross that says "sorelle", which is "sisters" in Italian. My sisters and I all got different symbols, but the same word together when I was 24. As someone else said, I totally forget I even have them!
  • Options
    Currently have 5 tattoos. All are astrology related.

Peace sign on my lower left hip/top of bikini line

Kanji for harmony on my lower right hip/top of bikini line.

Greek symbol for Libra above the kanji.

Tiger on my left lower back.

Dragon with fire elements on my lower right back.

No piercings. I get physically ill touching earrings. I had my ears pierced twice. Each time I let them close up because I almost fainted and vomited when I took them out. I couldn't even turn them without getting queasy.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I just have one tattoo on my lower back (I heard the term "tramp stamp" after I had it done, bah!). It's a phoenix with a line of Arabic poetry above the wings. I'd like to get one on my shoulder blade, but I haven't decided exactly what I want yet. I thought about getting something to commemorate my mom, but she hated tattoos so I imagine it would be in poor taste.

I just have my ears pierced now, but I had my nose pierced briefly in undergrad and a navel piercing for most of my 20s.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No tats here.

Piercings:

Ear 2 on right ear and one on the left

Tongue : retired

Lip lower center: retired

Thats it!
  • Options
    I have one tattoo, but I plan on getting another after this pregnancy. It is red cursive writing that says "Psalm 147:3-5." The red symbolizes my addiction and struggle with self injury and suicide. I chose that verses because it talks about how God cares about every little detail of my life and that he can heal my broken heart. I put it on my wrist to remind myself not to self injure. 

I currently have 6 piercings, but I had 9 at one point. I have three piercings in each lobe. I had a tragus, cartilage, and a belly button ring as well, but I had to take them all out during my last pregnancy because they got so infected. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Tattoo

I lost my little sister this past year.  Three days later I got the same tattoo she had.  It says. "Nella Mia Memoria". Which means in my memory in Italian.  My sister got it when our dad passed away in 99 so I got it for both of them in 2012.   I love it.   

Took out my belly ring before my first pregnancy.   

Married-September 24, 2006
    First Baby Boy - Born January 4, 2010
    #2 BFP 2/14/13 EDD 10/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Another one with a tramp stamp! It is nice b/c I forget it is there most of the time. 
  • Options
    Tattoos... Stars on my lower back, and a star w/ a design on either side on my chest.
    Piercings... 11 at one point in time. Six earrings, labret, monroe, nipples, and hood. Labret is the center of your bottom lip and monroe is the "beauty mark" spot on your upper lip. All are retired, except for my earlobes. No regrets. Glad I was more addicted to piercings than tattoos.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    About 30 tattoos. Def not going into detail about all of them!! No piercing!
  • Options

Two holes in each ear... Nothing exciting.

I also have a penguin tattoo on my lower right back/upper butt area. I have always loved penguins so I got a tattoo of my favorite figurine. Only issue is that it turned out terrible. It really does not look like a penguin at all. So bad. The good news is, only my husband sees it and I generally forget it's there. I'd like to get it fixed someday, but it's not really a priority. 

imageCafeMom Tickers BFP#1 6/12/12 EDD 2/11/13 M/MC 8/1/12 D&C 8/6/12 BFP #2 2/14/13 EDD 10/28/13
  • Options

How many? 2

Location? Back left hip and top of right food

What is it? Back- butterfly, Foot- Flower

Piercings How many? 5

Where? All in ears (double pierced in lobe and a hoop in my left tragus)

Any interesting stories to go with your piercings or tattoos? Not really, both my tattoos were out of bordem, but I love them both!  I've had my back tattoo for over 15 years and my foot tattoo for 10.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I have five tattoos. 

1. Is angel wings and a hallo, on the upper left bum cheek

2.  flowers, my tramp stamp (the only one I regret) :)

3. Butterflies on my foot

4. three birds on my wrist, one for me, one for DH, on for DD, I will add another after this LO is born

5. My daughters name on the middle of the very top of my back

• Options

I have 3 Tattoos 1) 4 leaf clover on my left calf 2) Tigger as an angel on the back of my shoulder 3) chinese cherry blossom tree on my right calf. My 4th will be each one of my children's names written by them when they are in Kindergarten, haven't decided where I am putting it yet. I will also include my angels babies by putting tiny foot prints in it too.

Piercing, cartlidge in both ear 3 times, nose rind and tongue ring (retired)

My Tigger guardian angel tattoo I drew myself. I have always loved his cheery personality and at the time I was going through a rough divorce. I need both some happiness and a guardian to stop my from sinking further into despair.   Its my favorite Tattoo

Married my very own GI Joe May 2002

BFP May 2002  NMC June 2002
    BFP September 2002 ID twins born April 2003 @ 35 weeks
    BFP September 2007 DD born May 2008
    BFP August 2012 MC October 2012
    BFP January 2012 DD October 2013

I MISS MY TICKER :(

• Options

As of right now, I have 2 holes in each ear and my nose. I used to have my cartilidge, bellybutton, and tongue but I let them close up.

My nose piercing had a funny story. I went on my lunch break with a coworker. I had taken an allergy pill at like 7:30am and when I got pierced at lunch time, I would not stop bleeding!!! It finally stopped and when I got home, I blew a huge blood clot from my nose!

For tattoos, I have 2. My first one I got when I was 19yrs old. It's Tinkerbell and she's on my lower back.

photo tink_zps35c3c04c.jpg

I got my newest tattoo on Jan 11th (just a month earlier of my BFP) to help me get through IF. My BFF came with me and ended up getting one to show her support of me!

photo10_zps3f55a430 photo photo10_zps3f55a430.jpg

photo 46122502-649c-4d9b-a99e-dc22cf009d51_zpsf72c5124.jpg photo mason4_zps7f19f81c.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 07/2010, Dx with PCOS 11/2011, H's S/A= Perfect!!! HSG= both tubes clear!
    Round #6- 7.5mg Femara+ .5mg Dex+ 75iu Gonal-F+ hCG trigger+ IUI=BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)- 94 Beta#2(22dpo)- 1,619 Beta#3 (28dpo)- 11,396!!!

Just a Little Blog

• Options
    5 Tattoos
    Right hip 3 leaf clover at 18
    Lower back celtic knot turtle at 21
    Left thigh the tree of life with my grandparenrs birthdates and death dates around it and it says "I need thee every hour, for without thee I will fail" at 27
    Lower neck some wierd symbol my cousin had with his name under it. All the cousins got it after we burried him I was 30
    Right calf Michaela's footprint at 1 week old.
    Pericings i have now are just two in each ear. I have had my belly button, tounge, and cartledge done.
  • Options
    I have 5 tats. On the nape of my neck I have a purple and green butterfly. A heart with a rose on my lower back, a lace work butterfly on my right inner wrist, a wrap peice on my left ankle consisting of 5 purple and green butterflies connected by wispy lines. I also have a tat on my right shoulder that is an ankh (the egyptian symbol of life) with a rose wrapped around it. That peice is symbolic for me. Years ago I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder. From the moment I was diagnosed, everyone started treating me like I was disabled. I even had a social worker at the hospital (after a suicide attempt) tell me she was going to get me on SSI disability. I made a decision then and there that I was not going to become another statistic living on the government, I wanted to live a full and happy life. So that tattoo is a reminder for me that I chose life, not some poor immitation. And though sometimes its still a battle, I haven't had a suicide attempt in over 10 years. I run my life and control my disorder, not the other way around.
  • Options

I have 12 tattoos and just my ears pierced.

My first daughters portrait on my right upper back.

Seahorses down spine.

Rose/grandma's name lower left back.

Rose right side/back neck (not visible unless I want it to be).

American flag colored star back of neck.

Frog on wrist

Monster on left thigh..designed by a friend.

"Life is a beautiful struggle" on my right foot.

a faded black heart on right ankle (very first tattoo)

a ying yang on stomach

a happy/mean face on  stomach

my ex's initials on stomach...glad they are just initials!!

• Options

Three Tattoos:

- A moon/star on the back of my neck. No special story. I was 18...picked it off the wall. I don't regret it persay, but had I to do it over I'd pick something else.

- a "tramp stamp" also don't regret it. It started as the chinese character for strength (cliche) inside of a sun. then I later added waves around the outside of it...

- a flower on my big toe.

I would like one more to represent my husband and my children...but just not sure what to do....want it to be meaningful.

Piercings:

- two holes in left ear, one in right

CLOSED PIERCINGS:

- Left cartiledge

- Tongue

- Nipples

Oh the crazy 90's... 

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

• Options

I have three tats.

my first at 18 is a fairy sitting on a flower from a book of poems I used to love as a kid (Flower Fairies of the Garden)...it's a "tramp stamp"

my second is on my right shoulder.  It's a mythical humming bird with a beautiful long tail

my third I got last summer to represent my daughter.  It is on my right arm between my wrist and elbow.  A rose (flower of June-the month she was born in).  It has two thorns to represent the two failed fertility treatments we had before the third one lead to her Smile  It's by far my favourite and I am continuing to hope that all goes well with this pregnancy and I can get a fourth tat for this LO.

ETA:

forgot piercings...just the ears.  I used to have a belly button piercing but it closed up years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"