Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Slow hcg

Found out our first iui was successful with several hpt. Called dr. 13dpo to let him know. Went in for beta hcg. First beta at 13dpo was 57 with excellent progest. We were so happy. I went in 2 days later at about 45hrs after to have 2nd beta. This one was only 67. We increased by 10. : dr. Told us to expect to miscarry within the week. I go back on Thursday for a 3rd beta. He thinks my numbers will show decrease and I will loose the baby. I took a hpt yesterday just to see if hcg was still above 50 to show up and sure enough my line is stronger than ever!!!! : so heartbroken and confused. He wants us to take the meth. Shot if I haven't miscarried by Thursday. I can't stand that thought! Is there a chance my numbers will be fine on 3rd beta and not 2nd? And that we will have a perfect baby? I don't want a dnc. I want to do this naturally if it is going to happen or I want my perfect baby. I keep reading and reading! So many different senerios. Thoughts???

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.

Re: Slow hcg

• Options
    I'm very sorry this is happening, out stories are so similar. I had my first medicated IUI on Jan 24, on my 14dpiui my hcg was 1 not pg then over that weekend on Feb 10 I got my first BFP at home! On feb 11 redrew my hcg it was 30! 4 dats later on Feb 15 it only increased to 71, my dr said realistically I had a 50/50 chance but my progesterone was great so I was hopeful. On feb 16 I had severe cramps and started spotting I went to the er and my hcg was 65, I knew what was going to happen. Last Monday my hcg was 54, last Thursday it increased to 69 I thought maybe just maybe it's ok I unfortunately started the mc process Saturday. My slow low rising hcg ended in a loss but I was trying to get hope and read hundreds of stories online about low and slow rising hcg with successful pregnancies! I wouldn't count yourself out until you get more hcg results, see if they have increased at all. Good luck and I will pray all is well for you!
    Nicole & David married June 2007
    Savana Katelynn Coy born 02-03-2009
    BFP #2 02/11/2013 ended in loss ectopic pregnancy
    BFP#3 07/01/2013 EDD March 11, 2014! Baby is perfect!

• Options
    Can I also add I wasn't offered any meds but my dr did mention a dc but they told me it could take up to 2 weeks for it to naturally happen and it took 1 week. I originally said no dc no matter what but I have to say this sucks! I've been in so much pain since Friday, almost what I would imagine labor to be and worse then my csection was. I haven't heard anything bad about the dc, I was just scared but I wished I would have done it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank u for commenting. I'm so sorry you're going through this too. I've read that a d/c can sometimes leave you infertile with scaring and such. None of it sounds good. Only reason d/c did was because it would be over faster. I worry about the shot! I hope my re will do an ultrasound to see what is there first. He didn't even tell me I have a 50/50. Just kept saying its not a viable pregnancy. And that I would miscarry in about a week and if not he will admin. The meth. Shot to cause me to loose the baby that way. I read that slow rising hcg can mean a problem in the t13 chrom. So I worry about that if he/she does make it.

Had slight cramps for a day, but then went away and I still "feel" pregnant. I am worried to that it could be ectopic. Ugh! I hate the not knowing. First the tww, now Another week wait, and then I'm sure more waiting from there.

All you successful prego. People make this seem much easier than it is!

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Options
    I'm too worried about an ectopic my only u/s was at the er and then seen nothing in my uterus nothing anywheres else but my hcg had went back up. I redid the hcg today so ill get results tomorrow and for the first time I'm praying they are down so I know we will be able to ttc again soon, well another IUI! Please keep me updated on your situation and again thoughts and prayers.

• Options
    Nicole our numbers are similar. My first beta at 14dpo was 42, second 58 third was 96.6 so its picking up speed. Sometimes they start slow and pick up. GL
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"