February 2012 Moms
Options

Reaction to MMR

So I thought DS was actually sick....

I called the ped because DS has also had what I almost would almost not even call a rash initially...on Sunday he had a few small red dots.  On Monday maybe a dozen more.  Today he has maybe 40 - concentrated on his face (chin), back and trunk.  His fever on Sunday was 103.  Monday 101.  Today totally normal.  He is incredibly cranky and it absolutely reminds me of DD when she had shots as a baby, but it was the day or so after.

Has anyone else had an MMR reaction?  DS had his shots on Friday, 2-15.  It's within the two week window, I just have never experienced this with one of the children before.  He is obviously not feeling well, very curious to how long this will last and if the rash might get better soon or if it will continue to get worse?

(the nurse called me while I was on a conference call with my boss, so I asked very few questions).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Reaction to MMR

• Options
    My ped said to bring Jackson in if he breaks out in a rash from his 12 month shots
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    This happened with my DS.  My DD just had her MMR/chicken pox, and we were really nervous she was going to have the same reaction.  His rash showed up about 3 days after he got the shot.  He had a fever and red bumps.  At first I thought it was the actual chicken pox.  When I called his doctor he said it was a normal reaction to the shot.  It cleared up very soon after.  I imagine if your LO had a fever on Sunday and Monday, he will be totally fine by tomorrow.   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ian hasn't broken out, but my ped said that a rash can be very common for up to 2 weeks after the MMR shot. She said the rash would most likely be on his trunk and he may run a slight fever (100.1 or lower is low grade to my ped's office).

• Options
    Our Ped didn't do the MMR.  Just chicken pox.  Said it was too much for the baby to have at once, I guess they really burn.
  • Options
    I had a happy, fever free and almost spot free boy this morning, I am SO relieved.  Three days of that was not exactly fun.  Glad I am not the only one with a reaction; just new territory for me.
  • Options
    Glad he's better.  Ian has been foul for the last 3 days...I'm almost wondering if it's shot related, even though they were over a week ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"