Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Night time heavy wetter?

My son is saturated every morning with pee. He is DD'd.  I have tried just about every night time diaper and gone a size up, I have even tried double diapering. Anyone have any other suggestions?? I am willing to try anything. 
BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
Brothers!
"I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 

Re: Night time heavy wetter?

• Options
    That was my next step. Bedtime is 8:30. What is your cutoff time?
    BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • Options
    That is partly why I haven't done it yet. He always wants water and I feel bad not letting him have it. 
    Brothers!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLalaMama81:

I would try cloth diapers, we never have leaks at night.  

I was just going to suggest this. Leak-free with cloth here, too, and DD is a peeing machine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We also do a bath right before bedtime and he pretty much always pees in the tub!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We use overnight,diapers a size up with 2 diaper booster pads in it. The pads are hard to,if. Some babie r us store carry them. They've saved us. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When we don't have over night diapers available we stick a maxi pad in it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We were having this issue too.  Someone told me to use a diaper size up and Poise pads.  I never tried it because the baby dry diapers a size up solved it for us for now. 
  • Options
    We use plastic training pants over the diaper. The smallest size I've found is a size T2 so they are big, but it works.
    After 3 years of infertility we were blessed with twin girls through private infant adoption.
    Forever our's October 17th 2012
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageAurora_Borealis:
    imageLalaMama81:

I would try cloth diapers, we never have leaks at night.  

I was just going to suggest this. Leak-free with cloth here, too, and DD is a peeing machine.

Make that one more for trying cloth. Get a couple of pocket diapers and double stuff them or stuff with a prefold. We've only ever had one leak and it was with a gerber prefold.

ETA: I also wouldn't cut out liquids before bed unless you are absolutely certain he's getting enough during the day. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Haven't posted in ages but we were recently in the same exact boat.  Our now 15 month old would wake up in the middle of the night, soaked through and crying.

We tried cutting liquids before bed, maxi pads and were already doing Pampers Baby Dry a size up.  I googled it to see what other moms were doing and a ton of mom swore by Huggies Overnites (we are big pampers people and the normal Huggies actually used to leak all the time when we used them so we hadn't tried them).  Bought them three weeks and haven't any leaks or wetness since!  Our little guy still pees a ton at night but the overnites do the trick!

Hope that works for you too!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"