December 2011 Moms
Options

Just another DH vent

Last week, DH couldn't find a bottle of liquor he bought since I put it away above the fridge with all the other alcohol. I told him I put it away so it was off my counter. He replied with, don't you mean MY counter? I said no. He said, well it's mine since I'm the only one that works. I got ticked off and didn't say anything, and he proceeded to tell me that he was joking around and tried to explain himself. It just makes my self worth go down the toilet when he makes those comments. I just don't have any come backs. I get it, he makes all the money, but it's not like I just sit around at home doing nothing. It makes me want to do nothing to prove a point. I know that's passive aggressive and not healthy for a marriage, but sometimes just talking doesn't get through his brain.

I know a lot of you work so you can't give me your experiences, but I'm just at the end of my rope. I don't want to go back to work, but I want to show him how hard it would be for both of us if I did. 

Re: Just another DH vent

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    T I'm so sorry that he says things like that. My dh does too and I work but don't make nearly as much as he does. I work parttime so I can be home with G two days and he makes lots of comments also says he is "joking" so I hate to say it but even if u went back to work it might not make the comments go away. I would just tell him it hurts and ask him to please try not to make those comments because if they are truly jokes he shouldn't care about stopping and if there's really truth to them, then talk it out. I would think that your dh would understand that your little man needs you at home much more then he needs to worry about exactly where the money comes as long as everybody is pulling their weight in one way or another. Good luck hugs and feel good you are great mommy and I'm betting a darn good wifey!!

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

First off - you do work.  You work extremely hard.  SAHM is not an easy profession.  I am not one, but days that my daycare is closed it is hard to get anything done. 

I would be mad.  You are saving your family money by not putting DS in daycare - you should remind him of those things.  And all the things you do during the day that is work (like what the PP posted).

I'm sorry DH is being a butthead.  I hope you can put him in his place and remind him of all the things you do for your family. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Oh do I get where you're coming from!  DH has times like that and usually they're a good time for a refresher in "Mom needs the day off" on his next day away from work (DH gets one day off mid-week and works the rest of the time)..  Guys especially sometimes forget that while they're working/getting paid, you're also working/providing the service of a DCP which is worth A LOT of money! 

Try not to let one boneheaded comment get the best of you.  Remember there will be a time for you to equally "Bust his Ba}}s" too...  It's just a matter of trying to keep it light and not take things too seriously.  I think it's something every AHM goes through at one point or another which repeats every now and then. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really don't get why men do this.  DH is a SAHD and I would never in a million years dream of making a comment like that.  Nor do I view it that way either.  We have a partnership.  I'm sorry I don't have advice for you. *hugs*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

First of all sweetheart, you need a really good ((HUG))!!

Second, if it's ''his'' counter, why doesn't he keep it clean instead? Maybe he can clean ''his'' toilet too?

"What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"