December 2011 Moms
Options

AW: so happy!

DH has been working his tail off at his job for the last 6 months.  Bringing his laptop home, working from home on his Fridays off, weekends, etc.  Staying late and working through lunch.  Well yesterday, it finally paid off.  He got a promotion and a raise- a lifestyle changing raise.  After discussing it last night, it looks like, at most, I'd  work one more year so we can pay off 1 car and our kitchen remodel. Then working would really be a choice after that without affecting our savings and retirement goals.  

The plan is for me to look for another job next year so I can at least get out of coaching, since it takes up so much time for very little pay.  If I can't find one, I'll stick it out for one more year, then I can either look again if I want or resign.  It's also going to allow us to probably start trying for #2 after this summer.  I'm so proud of him and happy that all the stress and long hours are going to pay off for us. His job coupled with my busy soccer season has been stressful on our marriage, but with the season almost over, I can see the light :)

Re: AW: so happy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"