1st Trimester

Advice??

My 16 year old sister called me bawling her eyes out this morning. She and her boyfriend broke up just after Christmas, and she had a rebound one-night stand with a friend around the second week in January. She says they didn't use a condom, but he pulled out. She got her period on the 20th, and it was normal (her periods are usually very irregular). She got back together with her boyfriend a couple days after her period started. This morning she learned that she's pregnant and she's FREAKING out wondering if this baby could be the other guy's and not her boyfriend's. I want to reassure her that this is absolutely impossible, but I'm not 100% sure myself and I don't want to tell her anything unless I'm positive. Could that happen?

Re: Advice??

• If she had unprotected sex with him, he could be the father.  The bleeding she experienced could have been implantation bleeding.

Pre-*** has sperm in it.  Men can't feel it or control when it comes out the way they can feel when they are going to ejaculate.

She started bleeding a month ago and got back with the boyfriend around the same time...I'm not even sure she'd be able to get a positive pregnancy test this early if the boyfriend was the father...

Either way, she should be honest about sleeping with the other guy.  Better the boyfriend find out from her than to find out on his own.

ETA: Tell her to get the pregnancy confirmed with a blood test.  They'll be able to tell her how far along she is based on the hormone levels in her blood and she can count backwards.  Or she can wait for her first ultrasound.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it depends how far along she is. I had my last period on January 20th, Oed on the 8th of February and just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant. So it could very possibly be her boyfriend's baby.

But if she is further along than 5 weeks or so, then I assume she got pregnant in Dec/Jan and the bleeding she had may have been implantation bleeding.

• Loading the player...
  • tell her to be honest about sleeping with someone else, get the blood test to figure out how far along she is, set up a paternity test for after the baby is born, get her a profile on here so she has a support system (just warn her some people may be judgmental and not to take what they say negitive to heart).... and ask her why she's having unprotected sex at 16 with different people (if she's not sure who the dad is that means condoms are not used often or at allCrying ) much worse could have happened other then a positive PG test.... if the guys are not using protection with her I doubt they are using it with anyone else they may have had sex with and so on. let's face it kids are having sex so young now educating them on safe sex in their early teens is very important now, the old wifes tale that we grew up with of if you kiss someone you can get PG just isn't working anymore.
  • Its not impossible. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• image526SadieSadie:

Tell her to get the pregnancy confirmed with a blood test.  They'll be able to tell her how far along she is based on the hormone levels in her blood and she can count backwards.  Or she can wait for her first ultrasound.

THIS 

image  Lilypie - (E5mQ)

• They'll be able to tell a couple of weeks vs 6-8, which is the timeframe they're looking at...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wouldn't say anything is 100% besides a DNA test. If she had unprotected sex with both men that either one could be the Father.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I'd have to agree.  Without knowing how far along she is, it would be next to imposible to tell.  If the "period" wasn't her period and she's just bleeding and she's 8 weeks pregnant, then she would have had to have sex around the 6th of January to be pregnant.  If she got her real period on the 20th and had sex anytime after that, then she's probably only 4ish weeks pregnant.  Either way, it would be hard to have even a slight clue if she didn't know how far along she was.  Agreed, get the blood test and go from there.  Then have a sit down "come to Jesus" talk with her!  And make sure she gets tested for STD's...some obygy's test and some don't and if she contracted something, they'll want to know about it.  Good luck! 
  • It was definitely a regular period (not overly light, cramps, and lasted about four days) and she's already very ashamed that this happened. The boyfriend knows, she came clean with him right away. In her defense, she generally does use condoms, and she's only been with the two guys. The boyfriend and her were best friends for 3 years before they started dating two years ago. The breakup hit her super-hard, hence the unwise rebound sex. She got lucky and the doctor was able to squeeze her in for an ultrasound a few hours ago. Judging by what they saw, she's only around five weeks.
  • I had my period or what I thought was my period for 3 months before I found out I was pregnant with my first born.

It is definitely possible that it is the one night stand's baby. Wish I could say something different. 

• imagekennazebrowsky:

I had my period or what I thought was my period for 3 months before I found out I was pregnant with my first born.

It is definitely possible that it is the one night stand's baby. Wish I could say something different. 

Wouldn't she be further along if it was the one night stand's though?

• 5 weeks puts her back to Jan 24th... it's possible it could be the one night stands.... I'm not 100% on how the date figuring works.... with me and DH my due date/weeks PG puts me right in the middle of my last AF for when I actually became PG. DNA test is honestly going to be the only way to know.

• Jam33Jam33 member

She won't need a DNA test. As soon as that baby's born everyone will know if it's not her boyfriend's. Poor kid is beside herself.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"