June 2012 Moms
Options

Expired vitamin D drops

DS has been getting Vitamin D drops for about a month now, suggested by the Pedi since he's BF. I bought a new bottle a week ago and never thought about looking to see when it expired since we go through it in a month. Well I have for sure learned my lesson on that!

I was feeding DS this morning and the bottle of drops were right next to me and for no reason I glanced at the side of the bottle and behold, the expiration date was December 1st 2012! I just bought this last week and was floored how it could have still been sitting on the store's shelf! I have worked retail and we always went through our stuff weekly for expiration dates. I called his Pedi and asked if it could have harmed him and she said probably not but if he starts throwing up to bring him in.

I then called the store where I got them at and talked to the store Manager. He was actually really nice about it and apologized greatly. He not only offered me a refund but a new bottle of the drops for free. When I got to the store he told me they checked the vitamin drops and found 2 more expired boxes and 2 more close to expiring. He thanked me for bringing it to his attention. I will for sure be checking ALL experation dates before I buy anything from now on!

Re: Expired vitamin D drops

• Options
    wow unbelievable ....  about a month ago i got a cookie box from the local grocery store only to find it was half eaten when i opened it a few days later.. yikesss 
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"