December 2012 Moms
Options

How heavy is your baby?

Hi ladies, my LO is 10 weeks old snd weighs 14.4lbs. He already wears clothes for 6 mos baby. I'm not sure if he's overweight. How about your LO?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How heavy is your baby?

• Options
    my girl is 12 weeks and is almost 12 pounds. but she's in the 80% height to weight ratio. nothing wrong with a growing baby, just means he is healthy! once they start crawling and walking around they will lose weight they shouldn't have anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dare I ask what you would do if he was deemed overweight?

How much did he weigh when he was born? That would be a better indicator of his unique growth pattern than trying to compare him to other babies.

That said, my LO is 13 weeks and weighs a bit more than 12lbs. She's already doubled her birth weight which is a milestone by 5months. Neither her pedi nor I are worried about her being overweight.
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dd is 11 weeks and just shy of 14 and in 6 m clothes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    My LO is 10lbs 3oz and she is 9wks now. Her 2mo bday was on Saturday. She was only 6lbs, 2oz at birth, though. We went to a first birthday party yesterday and there was another LO there that was 2mos, too and she weighs over 13lbs, but was 9lbs, 7oz at birth.
  • Options

My LO is 11 weeks and weighs in at 13lbs 8oz as of last night. We're into the 3 - 6 month already as well & they will most likely only last another week or so before he's into 6 month only for a month or so. He definitely has quite a few rolls on his arms & legs & an impressive belly poking out over his diaper. Also doesn't appear to have a neck, just a fat roll under his chin to rest his head on =) Amazingly he only falls in the 57th percentile for weight per the Doc's charts. Doc couldn't believe it either & is just impressed that he's so "healthy".

Don't worry about baby being overweight. If there is an issue, Doc will let you know. Besides, they are all growing so much in this first year that a little extra cushion is a good thing for when they hit those spurts & need the extra fuel. 

image image image
  • Options
    DD was 12.5 lbs at 2 months. She is also wearing 6 month clothes already!
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He was 6lbs 4 oz when he was born.
  • Options
    At birth lo was 6.4, she's 8wks now and as of 2wks ago she was 8.4
  • Options

imagekayandzac:
    Hi ladies, my LO is 10 weeks old snd weighs 14.4lbs. He already wears clothes for 6 mos baby. I'm not sure if he's overweight. How about your LO?

This was us. How long is your LO?

Our boy is a little longer than 25'' and he was considered "skinny" for his length. 

image image image
  • Options
    imageS & R + r:

imagekayandzac:

Our boy is a little longer than 25'' and he was considered "skinny" for his length. 

He is 23" long.
  • Options
    imagekayandzac:
    imageS & R + r:

imagekayandzac:

He is 23" long.

My guess would be that he's right on track with his weight then! 

image image image
  • Options
    imageS & R + r:
    imagekayandzac:
    imageS & R + r:

imagekayandzac:

He is 23" long.

https://www.babycenter.com/baby-child-growth-percentile-calculator

BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We just got back from the dr. Faye is 12.4lb 24.75in 95. He said bf babies chunk up faster because they get more nutrients.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    yea my LO will be 10 weeks thurs and last week weighed 14lbs 8 oz. She is a chunk but the Pediatrician said its fine (she was born 9lbs 5oz) . She is 23 1/2 inches long. I dunno if you are bfing but hee also said breastfed babies can tend to be big at first and then even out when they are a little older. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Big fat babies are healthy babies.

LO was 12lbs2oz at 2 month. I'd say she's around 13lbs now. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageNoeliaV:
    imageS & R + r:
    imagekayandzac:
    imageS & R + r:

imagekayandzac:

He is 23" long.

https://www.babycenter.com/baby-child-growth-percentile-calculator

Thank you
  • Options
    Thank you ladies :
  • Options
    DD is 10 weeks, 8lbs 10oz and 23 inches long.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP#1:MC 8/20/2010| BFP#2:MC 7/9/2011| BFP#3:DD born 12/14/2012

• Options
    Elli was 6lbs 14oz when she was born she was 9lbs 11oz 3 weeks ago. I would guess she's over 10 now, we'll see tomorrow at her 2 month check up.

BabyFruit Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

J14 May Siggy Challenge

**Colleen Donaghy**

• Options
    I have a big healthy boy that is 95 for height and length. Last week, he came in at 15 lb 10 oz and 24 3/8 inches. Who knew that I could produce such a giant!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic< br >Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS is 10 weeks tomorrow. He was weighed today and he's at 14lbs 10oz.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"