Nurseries and Baby Gear

Uppa Baby Vista Rumble Seat....

How bad is it???!  I've read some reviews on here that are pretty critical but I was thinking it would be an inexpensive fix for a double stroller ?

DD will have just turned 2 when LO arrives.  She will still be a little young to not need a stroller (even just geting her to the park down the street without a stroller is a challenge!).  I will probably also be using a baby carrier as well from time to time when the baby arrives.

I'm leaning towards purchasing the rumble seat since we already own the vista but am hoping for others to weigh in.

Re: Uppa Baby Vista Rumble Seat....

• We haven't actually used ours yet but I did try it out at Buy Buy Baby with her sitting in it and I haven't noticed too much of an issue with it.
    My daughter will be 3 in April (baby due at the end of March) and is 28 lbs, 37.5". She seems to fit fine in the seat with either the Chicco keyfit 30 on it or the toddler seat...although I had to find a couple configurations that allow her to have much room. It's a little more difficult to steer but not a ton. I'm not sure what two toddlers would be like though.

We also bought the toddler board thing and I'm sure she'll like that. My daughter doesn't spend much time in the stroller and I just didn't think buying some other type of stroller was worth the cost. I tried out some of the sit n stands and they seemed more cheaply made, bulkier/heavier, or more difficult to get into/out of the car. Plus, I like the idea of DD having an actual seat vs just a step to sit on.

We'll see how it goes. lol!

• I used the rumble seat when I was a nanny. It's good when it faces the main seat, but it's kinda undesirable when the main seat is parent facing or when you use it with the infant seat. The child in the rumble seat can't see much.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • With your LO only being 2 I don't think the rumble seat is a good solution for full time stroller use.  I would do a regular double stroller.  You can get the rumble seat to use on occasion but it isn't great for regular use because it doesn't recline, it faces the back of the other seat and it doesn't have a canopy.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I think you will like the Rumble Seat for about a year or so. DS was 27 months when I had DD and it came in handy for trips to the mall and short walks. The added weight to the front makes it hard to steer on pavement. But my son actually really liked sitting in it, although at 37 inches he didn't have much more room to grown. If you love your Uppa baby like I do, it's a good solution to get more use out of it! It's so light and easy to snap in too.

Bad reviews on Amazon were because it doesn't recline for naps - nowhere does it state this is for napping!!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"