January 2013 Moms

Slippery when latched?

Sometimes when LO is in the middle of feeding I hear him smack his lips like he is breaking suction. Then its sometimes hard to latch him back on because of all the saliva. I feel like he can't get a good grip. I try to dry off his mouth and my nipple to remedy this, but does this happen to anyone else? Anyone with good ideas to prevent it, because after he slides off he usually chomps down, which is not nice.

Re: Slippery when latched?

• My LO doesn't have trouble latching back on, but I do completely pop him off for a bit whenever he smacks his lips like that. I usually give him a minute or so off to try to teach him not to because it hurts if he does it too much. It has decreased since I started that.
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My baby does this too Abs I keep wiping us off with her burp cloth to get her back latched. This is TMI but do you have small nipples? Mine are kind of short and she has a hard time latching back on unless they are stretched out from her sucking on them. No idea how to fix it but you are not alone
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This makes sense because my nipples are a little short too! I think he has a hard time grabbing them sometimes.
  • imageDMG122183:
    This makes sense because my nipples are a little short too! I think he has a hard time grabbing them sometimes.

I'm in the same boat. She pulls and tugs at my nipple all the time. Usually when I'm really slippery though is when my letdown is too strong. 

• imagethis decaf life:

imageDMG122183:
    This makes sense because my nipples are a little short too! I think he has a hard time grabbing them sometimes.

I'm in the same boat. She pulls and tugs at my nipple all the time. Usually when I'm really slippery though is when my letdown is too strong. 

This may be another tmi, but my lc told me the nipple should come out nice and round, but a lot of times mine looks like a lipstick shape. I know this means he isn't latched beautifully. Hopefully this will get better as he grows and becomes a more pro feeder.
  • Ha, mine too. Dang bad latchers, DD its hit or miss with this
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"