Babies on the Brain

Intro & a few questions...

Hi everyone!  

DH & I have been married 2 & 1/2 years already!  Time is flying by....

I went to school as planned and now it's time for baby :)  We are not TTC just yet....We want to start prenatals for a few months first....but oh my..hello babies on the brain! I have inherited 13 nieces and nephews when I got married and 5 of them are under 2 years old.  Too much cuteness for me to handle!

I have 2 things I want to ask about....I haven't been lurking enough to know for sure how you all feel about them...

#1 is Target's brand of prenatal vitamins.... I am 99% sure they have 800mcg of folic acid...do you recommend them? If not what do you recommend? I've also heard the amt of calcium is very important.

#2 is the iperiod app... does anyone use it?  I'm only going into my second month of tracking.  I've never tracked my periods before on my own (I'm 30 years old and never paid THAT much attention).  So my question is, if I spot brown 2 days before what I consider is my period, do you count day 1 of spotting as day 1 of your period?  

Thank you for your help!  Looking forward to starting this journey :) 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Intro & a few questions...

• I was active around the bump back in the day and now I'm kinda just lurking, but I'll throw in my two cents....

1. Target prenatal are just fine. That's what I took till I actually got pregnant.  Then I couldn't stomach them and switched to the chewy kind. 

2.   I don't know about the iperiod app.  I do know that if you're just tracking days between periods and not actually ovulation or anything else unless you're tracking temps/cervical mucus/etc.  Fertility Friend was my go to.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • If you want to track your cycle check out fertilityfriend.com. Tracking your period won't let you know when you ovulate. Any prenatal is fine. My ob says that every woman in her child bearing years should be taking a prenatal. Ttc or not
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. I took Target prenatals for DD2, and my doc said they were fine.

2. Ditto the PP who said that just tracking period length is not enough info. I use Ovuline instead of fertility friend; it tracks the same key indicators, and it gives you a predictive fertility score each day, which I really like.
  • i take vita-fusion Prenatal gumies,they are delish! they have 800 mg of fiber and 4000 IU of vit. A (which is what my doct. told me i should look out for.) it doesnt have any iron,however...so maybe you should ask about that??

Also,as for the app...i was using Ladytimer..but they "O about 14 days after your period" is just a generalization because i had been going off that and "trying" around those days for 5 months...and just found out at the doctors that i actually O about a week before my period! GL

• I'd recommend fertility friend. A lot of women have conceived with it!
    m/c 2013
  • The target Vitamins are fine. You might have to switch when you get pregnant though I know many women have a tough time stomaching the regular ones while pregnant. I personally can't wait to switch to the gummy ones because I am a 6 year old at heart.

I concur with using FertilityFriend. Charting your basal body temperature is a much more accurate way to determine when you ovulate.
  • Thanks everyone!  My SIL just told me about Rainbow Light vitamins...they are supposed to be very easy on the stomach :)  I checked out their website & signed up for free vitamins and they also have $5 coupons!  Bonus :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"