TTC after 35

Kind of a month off

It was a really dark week for me after hearing about my horrible PGS results. AF arrived on Thursday and Friday I went in for bloodwork/u/s. Everything is good to proceed with ivf #2, but I'm not jumping into stims right away. I talked to my RE about possibly switching things up and we are going with the EPP (estrogen priming protocol) for ivf #2. It begins with taking estrogen after I ovulate and then wait for AF and then start stims w/ganirelix. She said she would also give me some growth hormone. The conversation I had with my RE was good, positive and hopeful. She's so smart and we talked about several studies she recommends I read (instead of googling random boards and blogs). Part of me wishes I would just shut up when she says "ok, you responded well, we'll do MDL protocol again". We spoke at length about egg quality (mostly me looking for excuses for my 41 year old eggs) and she was fine with doing something else. After we came to a conclusion, I'm like..."wait...don't just change it up to try to make me happy...will this be good?!" Oye...vay...I trust her, she wouldn't do something she didn't think would suit me, but I'm constantly second guessing everything. Anyone else do this? 

Anyone have any thoughts on EPP?  

Re: Kind of a month off

• I am sending you many (((((hugs))))), PPL.  I am so sorry that you had to go through that, so unfair. 

Would you mind telling me more about the PGS protocol, only if, you are up to it.  I don't want to upset you.  I know that this must still be very fresh and hurts.  I can't even imagine. 

As you know, I am just starting out, so I will not be able to help answer your questions on the EEP, but I look forward to hearing the future posts from the other ladies with their knowledge and experiences.

By the way, in regards to egg quality, what types of supplements does your RE have you on, if you don't mind me asking?  Mine has me on a superwoman's dosage...Lol.  Maybe, we can compare notes....

Oh my, the very first lab slip they gave me, it only took 3.5 minutes before I asked them, why I was taking my progestrone/estridol blood work on the same day, I thought Dr. Google was right and I should have it done differently....Wrong!  Lol.

Yes, trusting is very hard, especially when emotions are involved.  I hope that you get your answers and some rest before you start round 2 of your journey...

Know you are in my Thoughts and Prayers.  Best of Luck to you.  :)

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Hi PPL!

I think a month off is a really good idea :).  Hopefully, you'll have some time to relax and be more comfortable with the process.

I've never done EPP, I did a semi-modified EPP for #2, but i'm pretty sure Brooklynesque did EPP for IVF#3. Ganirelix is my least favorite fertility drug, dull needle and it always gives me a itchy rash :(.

I'm super rooting for you!!! I'll dust my old pom poms off and get ready for the cheering section!!

Me = 39 DH = 50 TTC (since 01/2009 after a short break, I stopped counting *cycles* in 2010)
    DX 2010 : Unknown Infertility , AMA
    HSG 2005 = Normal / HSG 2010 = Normal
    SA 2005 = Normal / SA 2010 /2012 = Slightly low count : motility, morphology GREAT!
    Chromosomal analysis, MTHFR, ANA's, Lupus, Protein C, Protein S, APCR = Normal 2011

M/C : 2005 (7wk), 2010 (6wk), 2011 (7wk)

8 IUI's 2010-2011 all BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist 01/2012 #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist long 06/2012 #2 = BFN

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF New Clinic/New RE 11/2012 #3 = One beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF 02/2013 #4 = One more beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

FET 6/20 : One 5AA PGS normal transferred Beta 1 6/28 = 53.9 / Beta 2 7/1 = 220 / Beta 3 7/3 = 550!

1 U/S  6w3d - Heartbeat 119 /  2 U/S - 7w5d- Heartbeat 169 / 3 U/S (OB) 8w5d - Heartbeat still great!

Baby G welcomed into the world 3/7/2014

SAIF / PAIF always welcome ****

• Loading the player...
  • Hi Jacque-Thanks for your kind words. And thanks for being sensitive...I'm totally up for sharing....My last protocol was the micro dose lupron protocol. I did bcps for 7 days, waited for af, then did 10 units of micro dose lupron in the am and pm for two days then added 150 menopur in the am and 450 follistim in the pm. It's 4 shots a day plus dexamethasone.  I triggered after 13 days. The PGS comes into play after the egg retrieval. My eggs were retrieved, after 3 days I got a report letting me know how they were still growing, then after 6 days, they turned into blastocysts and formed the trophectoderm (which is essentially the future placenta). The embryologist took a biopsy of the trophectoderm and then froze my blastocysts. The biopsied samples were sent to genesis genetics and 48 hours later my RE called me with the results. If the results were good (hopefully that will happen next go around) they would do a frozen embryo transfer (FET) in the next cycle. Here's a description of the test https://www.genesisgenetics.org/pgs.html

As for supplements, my RE suggested: CoQ10-200mg, DHEA-25mg (I don't take this) and Vitamin D-4000iu. I also take one baby aspirin a day, Metanx (which is b6, folate and b12) for my MTHFR, Synthyroid (very low dose) because even though my tsh is normal, she likes to see it as close to 1.0 as possible, and last but not least, Citra-Natal with DHA prenatal vitamin. What's superwoman's dosage?

Thanks again! 

• imageBAKERMOMHDS:

Hi PPL!

I think a month off is a really good idea :).  Hopefully, you'll have some time to relax and be more comfortable with the process.

I've never done EPP, I did a semi-modified EPP for #2, but i'm pretty sure Brooklynesque did EPP for IVF#3. Ganirelix is my least favorite fertility drug, dull needle and it always gives me a itchy rash :(.

I'm super rooting for you!!! I'll dust my old pom poms off and get ready for the cheering section!!

Thanks for cheering!! That's so nice of you and I appreciate all the pom poms you can get your hands on.

Did you get as many eggs retrieved with #2 as you did with your MDLs? And, dull needles...jeez...you'd think the drug company would address that!! 

Thanks again!! 

• I did do EPP, but to be quite honest-it was over a year ago and I don't remember all the details.  I also used HGH.  Only suggestion that I have is to triple check with the pharmacy and make sure that they send you the vial of HGH that you mix yourself.  We had a problem with out December cycle.  There is HGH that comes in a contraption that you load into a administration gadget.  There was absolutely NO WAY to access the medication without the gadget-which they didn't send.  I was hysterical and on the phone with the pharmacy for hours, missed a day of HGH, and then they finally sent me a same day shipment with the correct HGH the next day.  It was my last cycle with my OE and I was a hormonal mess to the poor woman on the other line.  Think that I used Saizen HGH and we used Walmart Specialty Pharmacy.  Freedom Fertility did not carry HGH at that time.  GL with your cycle, we might even be cycling together.  I am expecting my donors ER in early April.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • I have no advice, but wanted to say how much I admire all you are doing!! It takes a lot of strength to stick with the protocalls - so I just wanted to let all the ladies know how much I admire and cheer you on!!

As for dull needles, shees why aren't they all super sharp, i would think that should be no brainer!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• imageHeathernSteven:

I have no advice, but wanted to say how much I admire all you are doing!! It takes a lot of strength to stick with the protocalls - so I just wanted to let all the ladies know how much I admire and cheer you on!!

As for dull needles, shees why aren't they all super sharp, i would think that should be no brainer!

All of this!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Hi PPL,

Hope you weekend is going well.....

To answer your question:

What's superwoman's dosage?  Lol, I wish I was but my doses are!

Here goes:

*Myo-Inositol, 2 grams, twice daily, that regulates cellular response, it has to be the Myo powder version per my doctor.  Can't remember why...

*CoQ10 w/Qsorb, 800mg

*Pycnogenol 100mg, Antioxidant

*PreNatal with Folic(1,000mcg)

*L-Arginine 2,000mg 1 morning/1 night, supports proteins/creatine synthesis,nitric oxide production and the detoxification of ammonia in the body.

*D3 2,000IU

*E 200IU

*C 500mg

*Omega3 1,000mg

*Melotonin 3mg at bedtime....

Whew....that is my superwoman regime!  :)

By the way, I concur with the other ladies about your strengh and determination, very admirable!  Wishing you the best....

• Hi, PPL.  I did do EPP this last time.  There are a lot of variations; in mine I started estrogen patches on day 21 of the previous cycle and gave myself 3 ganirelix injections starting on day 22.  Then basically stims + ganirelix a few days into stims.  The cycle didn't turn out well for me as you know, but I've definitely heard that it can improve egg quality in some women.  I think it's definitely worth a try -- I've also heard that switching protocols can make a dramatic difference in some cases.  So it's not a bad idea to experiment a bit if you've had less than optimal results in your previous attempt.  Best of luck!
  • imageJacque Sills:

*L-Arginine 2,000mg 1 morning/1 night, supports proteins/creatine synthesis,nitric oxide production and the detoxification of ammonia in the body

By the way, I concur with the other ladies about your strengh and determination, very admirable!  Wishing you the best....

Is this 2000 Am & pm or 1000 am 1000pm......?

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Hi Heather,

Sorry for the confusion.  It is 1,000 am/1,000pm.

• imagebrooklynesque:
    Hi, PPL.  I did do EPP this last time.  There are a lot of variations; in mine I started estrogen patches on day 21 of the previous cycle and gave myself 3 ganirelix injections starting on day 22.  Then basically stims + ganirelix a few days into stims.  The cycle didn't turn out well for me as you know, but I've definitely heard that it can improve egg quality in some women.  I think it's definitely worth a try -- I've also heard that switching protocols can make a dramatic difference in some cases.  So it's not a bad idea to experiment a bit if you've had less than optimal results in your previous attempt.  Best of luck!

Thank you! Yes, I'm switching it up in the hopes that maybe I could get better egg quality. Obviously, it's my AGE, my AGE, my AGE. We shall see...

• imageHeathernSteven:

I have no advice, but wanted to say how much I admire all you are doing!! It takes a lot of strength to stick with the protocalls - so I just wanted to let all the ladies know how much I admire and cheer you on!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"