Adoption

Foster parents- how long after home study....

Foster parents, how long after your last home study visit did it take before you were officially certified? I feel like I am going crazy over here with the waiting. Our last visit was dec 19th, so it's been a little over 2 months since then. Please let me know if I am just being impatient or if I am correct in thinking that it's a bit longer than the norm.
**Bonnie**
Married Sept 13, 2009
TTC since Jan 2010
Diagnosed w/ PCOS Oct 2010
1500mg metformin
SA 05/25/11 morphology @ 10%
HSG 06/02/11, tubes were clear, uterine septum discovered
06/30/11 Hysteroscopy, found a polyp blocking R fallopian tube
07/20/11 Successful surgery to remove polyp and uterine septum!
Sept/Oct cycle-Femara IUI turned into TI cycle= cancelled due to unresponsive follies
09/28/11: dx w/ MTHFR (cc)
10/22/11: IUI #1 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+ diluted hcg shots= BFN :-(
03/25/12: IUI #2 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+progesterone= BFN
Starting to pursue adoption

Re: Foster parents- how long after home study....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • She had told me a few weeks ago that she would be done writing it this week and that we would be officilly certified this week or next week. I sent her an email Thursday afternoon asking about the status of the home study and she sent back a one sentance reply thatt just said "I will contact you when your home study is in the process of being reviewed by my supervisor." Nothing about of she has finished writing it or anything.

Her emails are usually a lot more warm and have more information in them, so the vagueness of this one is driving me crazy. I just hate that she gives all these dates that things will be done and none of them have been met yet. :
    **Bonnie**
    Married Sept 13, 2009
    TTC since Jan 2010
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS Oct 2010
    1500mg metformin
    SA 05/25/11 morphology @ 10%
    HSG 06/02/11, tubes were clear, uterine septum discovered
    06/30/11 Hysteroscopy, found a polyp blocking R fallopian tube
    07/20/11 Successful surgery to remove polyp and uterine septum!
    Sept/Oct cycle-Femara IUI turned into TI cycle= cancelled due to unresponsive follies
    09/28/11: dx w/ MTHFR (cc)
    10/22/11: IUI #1 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+ diluted hcg shots= BFN :-(
    03/25/12: IUI #2 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+progesterone= BFN
    Starting to pursue adoption
  • Loading the player...
  • i know it's crazy-making but that sounds about right.  It took months between our homestudy and licensing...and then a couple more months until placement.  They are just so overwhelmed with work, deadlines (even self-imposed ones) are never met.  Hang in there.
  • Our last home study was in December and we weren't licensed until May.  We also had an office visit in January and then our paperwork was submitted to the state at the end of February.  I know the timeline varies greatly from state to state, mainly because I have been jealous at how quickly others were licensed when we were licensed relatively "fast" in our state.  Hang in there! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"