Attachment Parenting

baby hates ring sling

I just got a Sakura Bloom ring sling and tried my 3.5 month DS in it. We've tried tummy to tummy, hip, kangaroo carry, he hates them all. The problem seems to be that he want to keep his legs straight, does not want to be seated. And when he pushes against me with his feet, his legs straighten, the ring sling stops going all the way to his knees, and I have to redo the whole thing. Also I'm worried that he would do that at any moment and slip out.

Anyone else have this problem? He screams and screams with his legs bent in it :-

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: baby hates ring sling

• My LO couldn't stand the ring slings either, I got a Moby and he loves it. I highly reccomend one. There are 5 (I think, not positive off the top of my head) different holds for them that all position baby a little different. A little spendy (around $50.00) but totally worth it in my opinion.

• imagetheresat858:
    Some babies are leg straighteners. Mine was for a while. A wrap, mei tei, or SSC works better for that phase.

This!  Eleanor did the same thing at that age...good news is she grew out of it as most babies do.  I loved mei tais for quick carries when she was at her worst because they create an instant seat you can't straighten out of (as do SSCs but I don't love buckles). 

• Loading the player...
  • How do you like your Sakura Bloom? I am planning to get one and wold love your input. Which one do you have? I love the artisan silks, but in the humid heat of Miami I think the linen would be best.
  • I didn't realize when buying it that some babies might not sit for it :- Yay $88 wasted. I already have a Baby Bjorn but I can't wear it for very long without it hurting, and I wanted the versatility of the ring sling. I'm not able to get anything done *ever* because I'm nursing constantly, so was also looking forward to nursing in it. Maybe he'll sit for it in a few weeks/months.

imagehappywife2b:
    How do you like your Sakura Bloom? I am planning to get one and wold love your input. Which one do you have? I love the artisan silks, but in the humid heat of Miami I think the linen would be best.

I haven't really been able to use it because of the issues mentioned with DS not sitting for it, but I like the quality of it. I got the linen because frankly I can't afford the others. I was choosing between SB and Maya and I preferred the linen over cotton, as well as the color choice. The silks are beautiful, but I really can't justify the price. I'm also in southern California where it's warm most of the time and I overheat easily.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehappywife2b:
    How do you like your Sakura Bloom? I am planning to get one and wold love your input. Which one do you have? I love the artisan silks, but in the humid heat of Miami I think the linen would be best.

I would definitely go for linen over silk.  It's cooler but more importantly it's much easier to care for.  Linen I don't feel bad getting sweaty - silk I do! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"