Baby Showers

Tackiest evite I've ever gotten

I just got this evite to a shower. I'm speechless, even DH thinks it's tacky.

Hi, everyone! We hope you can join us for E's Baby Shower. We do know Baby B is a girl, but we've been asked not to go overboard with pink! Their nursery theme idea is ABC's, and the colors are purple, green, & gray.

1. Each guest will be asked to decorate a letter of the alphabet to adorn the walls of the nursery. Each letter should be 6-15" tall, but that is your only instruction. Be creative! (You'll be assigned your letter when you RSVP.)

2. Rather than a card, please bring a children's book with a personal note. (The following books have already been purchased: "Where the Wild Things Are," "One Fish, Two Fish," "Goodnight Moon," "Guess How Much I Love You," and "Love You Forever.")

3. Baby B will be wearing Pampers diapers. If you bring a bag/box of diapers, you'll be entered into a special drawing! (Please attach a gift receipt so they can exchange sizes, if necessary.)

4. They are registered at Target and Babies 'R Us. 
I feel bad for the mother-to-be, her sister is kind of tacky and in charge, she's not normally. Sad

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
A stowaway on board! :)
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Tackiest evite I've ever gotten

• Jeez. I can see one of those, but wow, that is one crazy shower. 

I think the hostess should be providing the letters. 

I am LOL at moms who are all, "the ONLY diapers my baby will wear are this brand." Because it took us a few weeks of figuring out what brand fit DS well and what could hold his massive amount of pee.

• Yuck! Poor MTB. It sounds like you have to provide your own letters from the invitation, an extra book that isn't taken so you BETTER be in constant contact with the hostess, and what if her baby gets a rash/allergic/doesn't fit right with Pampers? Poor MTB for all of this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol! Can I tell you how quickly I would decline?

Love it!

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sounds super tacky.

Though I must say I am intrigued by the idea of all guest decorating a letter for the nursery. If done properly I think it could be a super sweet idea. By properly I mean that the hostess or M2B provides the letters and decorating supplies and sets up a table or two at the party for guests to decorate them, if they so choose. 

• I'd be horrified if I was the MTB. Who wants to bet that the letters don't even get put on the nursery walls? The likelihood that they will match AND even look nice is pretty low. Also, people will likely be pretty resentful of a the demand that they decorate a letter that the letters will be a last minute thing. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Oh yay, homework, something I am always looking forward to when I go to a baby shower.
  • I'd definitely decline and just buy the baby something on my own and give it to the MTB at a later date.

• Wow...way too many demands.  I'd get a gift, attach a card and call it a day (although I almost always include a book with the gift "just because" but don't use it as the card.

• imagefivefeetsmall:

Hhahaha! great gif! 

• Jeez there better be beer at that shower....

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagePunkyBooster:

Jeez. I can see one of those, but wow, that is one crazy shower. 

I think the hostess should be providing the letters. 

I am LOL at moms who are all, "the ONLY diapers my baby will wear are this brand." Because it took us a few weeks of figuring out what brand fit DS well and what could hold his massive amount of pee.

This! I always secretly hope that the specified brands leaks like crazy for them. We got so many different brands at our shower and were so thankful. It gave us an opportunity to try them all and find what works best (let me specify... there was NO rafle and NO asking for diapers. Guests were just generous enough to gift them).

That invite makes my head hurt.

• imagebrittbronkowski:
    imageEstwd2:
    I'd request two letters...F and U.
    Lmao. This shower sounds like a school project to me. Any other instructions? Lol
    This!
  • imagebrittbronkowski:
    imageEstwd2:
    Lmao. This shower sounds like a school project to me. Any other instructions? Lol

LOL The only one so far is that our letters should be the upper and lower case of what we've been assigned. I was assigned Ww. I'll be sure to let you ladies know if there are any more though.

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagedeltagirl79:

imagebrittbronkowski:
    imageEstwd2:

Lmao.

This shower sounds like a school project to me. Any other instructions? Lol

LOL The only one so far is that our letters should be the upper and lower case of what we've been assigned. I was assigned Ww. I'll be sure to let you ladies know if there are any more though.

Wait... Wait.. You have to buy 2 letters to decorate? It's not enough to buy the one?!?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • imagemabjcb19:
    Jeez there better be beer at that shower....

Amen! 

??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • I wouldn't even attend! That isn is super tacky. You get what you get. PERIOD!
  • imageEstwd2:
    YesYes

• imageEstwd2:

Oh, thank you.  This made me laugh!

• Just had to bump this gem up. I was talking to the hostess in charge of food last night, who has done her best to reign in this shower. I told her that I would not fill out an envelope with my address for a thank you note. She looked at me like I was crazy and said "who would do that??" I just got an email from her titled "omg" She said "you called it. So tacky." with a picture of the box of thank you cards the MTB's sister brought over. It has a sticky note on top that says 'thank you cards for guests to write their addresses on envelopes'. *headdesk*

We are supposed to get a huge storm tomorrow. Pretty sure I'm going to be snowed in and miss the festivities.

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagedeltagirl79:

Just had to bump this gem up. I was talking to the hostess in charge of food last night, who has done her best to reign in this shower. I told her that I would not fill out an envelope with my address for a thank you note. She looked at me like I was crazy and said "who would do that??" I just got an email from her titled "omg" She said "you called it. So tacky." with a picture of the box of thank you cards the MTB's sister brought over. It has a sticky note on top that says 'thank you cards for guests to write their addresses on envelopes'. *headdesk*

We are supposed to get a huge storm tomorrow. Pretty sure I'm going to be snowed in and miss the festivities.

Please...go tonight and spend the night closer so we can hear about the shower. LOL 

• imageKateMW:
    imagedeltagirl79:

Just had to bump this gem up. I was talking to the hostess in charge of food last night, who has done her best to reign in this shower. I told her that I would not fill out an envelope with my address for a thank you note. She looked at me like I was crazy and said "who would do that??" I just got an email from her titled "omg" She said "you called it. So tacky." with a picture of the box of thank you cards the MTB's sister brought over. It has a sticky note on top that says 'thank you cards for guests to write their addresses on envelopes'. *headdesk*

Please...go tonight and spend the night closer so we can hear about the shower. LOL 

LOL Our huge snow storm was a bust so I did go. The food was fabulous. Wink There was a basket for thank you cards but I just ignored it. Then as MTB was opening her gifts, her sister passed around a piggy bank for us to "get rid of the spare change in the bottom of our purse". At that point I just laughed it off but the food hostess was appalled. Over all I think the MTB had a nice time and now I have a story of how NOT to do a shower.

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"