Stay at Home Moms

Poll: Wet hair in public?

How do you feel about it? trashy, lazy, tacky, don't mind it? 

I just got out of the shower, got dressed, and brushed my hair, then I went to start getting ready for dinner, but I realized I don't have any lettuce (we're having burgers and salad..so I have to have lettuce. lol!) so I'm going to run to the store. We live about 3 miles from it, I'm wearing skinny jeans, heals, a grey shirt, and a scarf. but no make up and wet hair. WWYT? Would you judge? 

FWIW- I judge someone out in public if they're wearing obvious pajamas with wet hair and no makeup. (I don't mind yoga pants and a fitted t-shirt). But if you look like a slob I judge. I also judge a kid outside in the cold with wet hair. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: Wet hair in public?

• If someone was dressed in nice clothes with wet hair I don't think I'd think twice about it.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Right this moment i would not only because its 32 degrees out side. I do it all the time in the summer. My hair is bone straight and I just comb it out and its dry in a half hour, if I need to be more polished, I put it up in a bun or a french twist.
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to school pick up probably once a week with wet hair, and a stocking cap on.

I workout while DD3 is napping, so I shower right before school's out.

• Yeah, I don't think this would even register with me.  I can't remember the last time I went out with wet hair, but I really don't care if someone else does.  I really don't take too much note of others appearance.  Although... I probably would side eye you if you had a head full of curlers or something.  But then I might think there was a story there and trying to figure it out ;) 
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I definitely wouldn't judge you, especially given the scarf and heals.  I also kind of think its fine to wear pretty much whatever to the store (primarily bc of situations like yours) except for obvious pj's unless its a true emergency like running to get medicine for your kid when he/she is sick. I think my standards for something like story time at the library are a little higher but even then I still don't think I would judge a neat outfit like you are describing with wet hair.

i agree about the kid with wet hair though. 

• imagesbevmc09:
    Yeah, I don't think this would even register with me.  I can't remember the last time I went out with wet hair, but I really don't care if someone else does.  I really don't take too much note of others appearance.  Although... I probably would side eye you if you had a head full of curlers or something.  But then I might think there was a story there and trying to figure it out ;) 

Literally made me LOL. 

I'm going to put it in a bun I think, mostly because it might, MIGHT, dry with a little wave. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAliciaS1411:

I'm going to put it in a bun I think, mostly because it might, MIGHT, dry with a little wave. 

I did this the other day.  I put it in a bun at 4 and took it out to get ready the next morning.  It was still damp.  And wavy, but my hair has good volume always.

• I don't wear my hair wet in public because then my hair will dry in public and nobody wants that!
  • I almost never blow dry my hair, so no I won't judge someone. I have seen someone more than once at the grocery store in a shower cap, that is weird.

• I would probably just think you forgot something and had to run Out really quick. So no judging.
    But honealty I don't give sht how people dress them self's.
  • When I could put my hair in a pony tail I went out with it wet all the time. Now it actually has to be blow dried and straightened. Stupid high maintenance cute haircut.

• I wouldn't even notice. I don't dry my hair. I put in some mousse, scrunch, and let it dry. Otherwise I ruin the curls.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • But to answer your question, no I wouldn't think twice about it given your outfit. PJ's and shirt with cartoon characters on, yes...lazy. Unless of course it is something of an emergency for a child, so I guess I do judge even when I don't know the story.

• I would not even notice.  If I go out in public with wet hair, it is pulled back. My hair is a disaster if it air dries and I leave it down.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• imageAngela814:
    I wouldn't even notice. I don't dry my hair. I put in some mousse, scrunch, and let it dry. Otherwise I ruin the curls.

This. I leave with wet hair almost daily. (Though if it's really wet it's usually up so it's not getting my back cold.

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • First: WTF, you read my mind. I was considering posting a poll similar to this here or on my BMB. Officially creeped out. Stick out tongue

I personally don't really care if you have wet hair in public, and I am guilty of it frequently. I especially don't care if you're sans make-up. I never wear make-up, ever. But I agree, there's a difference between no make-up and wet hair and just looking like a slob. I judge slobs even with dry hair and make-up on. Buuut that's just me.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • When I was in university we used to play "Wet or Dirty" when someone's hair was really questionable. It was usually just so dirty it looked wet. Yuck!

I've gone out plenty of times with wet hair, but I always put it up when it's wet. I probably wouldn't even notice someone else with wet hair. But I get tunnel vision when I shop. I often never notice anyone or anything unless I'm looking for it. It makes DH crazy because he'll see our neighbour and wave and I won't, or someone will tell him they saw me and I ignored them.
  • I probably wouldn't notice to be honest. It sounds like you took time to put on a nice outfit. I usually only notice if people look like they are wearing pjs or really tight or revealing clothes.

I usually don't have time to dry my hair anyways with my new LO so I have to do a ponytail or bun most days.
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Kid with wet hair on a cold day? No good.

Mom with wet hair, eh, at least she got a shower. I'm jealous!
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." Sir James Barrie in Peter Pan

DS: 11/1/2010    DD: 8/9/2012       #3: 4/2019
  • I wouldn't even notice wet hair haha

I do notice when people dress totally trashy, like a pp mentioned, someone really overweight in way too small or tight clothes, or if people wore really really baggy or frumpy type clothes... Stuff like that that's much more noticeable. What bothers me and what I notice the most though is when people are screaming at their kids on stores... Yikes.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Like PP's have said I probably wouldnt notice and wouldnt judge either. I have thrown my hair up wet and gone to the store, mostly in the summer, and didnt really think anything of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • I notice wet hair, but not in a judgy, "OMG she's wearing wet hair in public!" way. More in a, "Why is she wearing wet hair? I HATE having wet hair!"

Unless I pull it up in a bun or something, I hate wet hair. I always dry it before I leave the house because it just bugs me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I only do it in the summer because its only wet for a very short time. I wouldn't even notice or think anything of it if other people had wet hair.
    *Bumping since 2007*
    had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
    Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
    Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"