March 2012 Moms

Follow up to my depressing cancer post...

My MIL was diagnosed with breast cancer last Friday.  It's most likely been caught early, she has an appointment with a surgeon in March.  So far, they're only talking about surgery, no chemo or radiation.

My cousin is beginning her treatment for lymphoma shortly, she has to have a PET scan to determine if the cancer is anywhere besides in the lymph nodes in her chest, then chemo.

I've always believed that bad things happen in threes so my anxiety level is at an all time high.

Words of encouragement/stories of survivors are deeply needed and very welcome.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Follow up to my depressing cancer post...

• I am so sorry to hear this.

My best friend's step mom had breast cancer. It was caught early, she had surgery and a few rounds of chemo and has been cancer free for seven years! It is great that your MIL was caught early.

Prayers for your fam!
  • I don't have any stories but I just wanted to let you know I will be sending good thoughts your way. I hope things turn out in a positive way.

Edit: Spelling

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Cancer (especially when detected early) is totally devastating and life shattering, but thanks to research and modern medicine, no longer a death sentence.  For the past several years I have participated in Relay For Life which is a cancer society fundraiser.  Every year they give us the most recent stats on survival and every year they get better.  In the past 10-15 years the survival rate has gone from about 30% to over 70%.  That rate is even higher with early detection.

I'm sorry I can't share personal experience with you for comfort, and I know stats are impersonal, but every year when I hear these stats (and the increase in survival) it takes the doom out of cancer diagnosis.

Hope this helps! 

• Sorry I can't add any positive stories, but I've been thinking about you and your family.  I hope they both are able to overcome it! ::hugs::
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• So sorry that your family is going through so much right now. I will keep you & your family in my prayers!!
  • Thank you so much for your kind words, ladies.

I had a breakdown while I was making dinner last night thinking about my cousin.  It's so unfair.  Her son is only 4 and her daughter is only 2.  They can't understand what's going on and needless to say, they're too young to be without their mommy.  I'm trying very very hard to be positive.

• My SIL was diagnosed with breast cancer this summer.  She has had a total mastectomy and reconstructive surgery and  has already completed chemo.  She is cancer free now and doing great.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm glad to hear your SIL is doing well.  I hope the cancer is gone for good!
  • My MIL had breast cancer when my H and I were dating. She had surgery to remove the lump, and then had radiation. That was sevenish years ago and is fine now. Prayers to you and your family!

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• You and your family are in my thoughts. Hang in there! Big Internet hugs to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"