Pennsylvania Babies

Day Care in Mechanicsburg or Camp Hill

My daughter was born in November - and my mother and mother-in-law are babysitting her when I return to work next month, but that is temporary for about a year - so we are looking for day cares in the Mechanicsburg/Camp Hill area for anywhere between November 2013 and February 2014. 

Thanks for any suggestions! 

Re: Day Care in Mechanicsburg or Camp Hill

• There are tons of them! Do you have any other criteria or a more specific location?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well somewhere between downtown Mechanicsburg and Harrisburg which would be convenient for my husband and I.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just came back on here after a several-year hiatus looking for some after-school suggestions when my son goes to kindergarten next year and saw your post. I encourage you to check out Children's Family Center, www.cfc-center.org. It is a nonprofit facility located in Rossmoyne Business Center. It is governed by a volunteer board of directors (I'm on the board, as full disclosure) and it's where I've sent my son since he was a baby. The money you pay there goes toward the teachers' salaries and benefits and to programs for your child - not to an owner's bottom line.

In addition, it offers interaction with senior citizens as part of the one of the first intergenerational daycares in the country. In fact, my son took a field trip to Bethany Village today! Younger classes have volunteers who regularly come in to read stories, do projects, etc.

Hope that can get you started. Good luck with your search!

• Our daughter goes to the Goddard in Rossmoyne Business complex.  She'll be 5 in July and has been going there since she turned 2.  We love it, but we have to switch her to Kiddie Academy when she starts kindergarten in August because Goddard doesn't offer transportation to her school.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"