1st Trimester

vomiting and low body temp?

Hey ladies. Wanted to see if anyone's dealt with this before and if I'm just overreacting. I'm currently 10 wks.. had a routine Dr appt yesterday which was fine. This morning I woke up very light headed and almost passed out twice in the showerwater was borderline cold bc I frequently get overheated in the shower. I took a zofran this morning and actually stayed home from work, which never happens. Since this morning, I've puked a few times and still feel shaky and lightheaded. Out of curiosity, I took my temp about 30 minutes ago and it said 94.7. I was going to call my Dr, but I know from previous pregnancy that all she ll do is tell me to go to the hospital bc she can't see me. So anyone know if this temp is a problem or normal?

Re: vomiting and low body temp?

• I get a low temp when I am sick. Do you think you have the flu?
  • imageTigger pooh:
    I get a low temp when I am sick. Do you think you have the flu?

I suppose its possible, although I got my flu shot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well technically you would have the stomach flu which is not what the shot is for.
  • I'd be seen; your blood pressure could be too low or you could be having blood sugar problems.  Drink some juice and call.
    That's a *really* low temperature.  Was it right after your cool shower?

ETA: You could also go to an urgent care facility, which costs less, is quicker and is less hassle than the hospital, but they'd still be able to check your vital signs and blood sugar levels and advise you appropriately. 

Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • I'd eat a little protein. Maybe some broth? A little cheese? Wrap yourself up in a blanket and drink all the water you can keep down. Try toast and broth.

Some diluted juice or pedialyte. I hope you feel better soon.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"